If you ask a question anon, then need to comment on it, does it automatically come up anon or is it under your screen name?

And if it's under the screen name then is it yellow and in the box like when it's not asked anon?

Asked by Kiwismommy19 at 12:30 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in About CafeMom

• no, it doesn't come up as anon unless you've got your anon button back. Only the question will appear anon.

Answer by CAGirl4 at 12:32 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I think CAGirl4 is correct because I saw a question yesterday that was asked anonymously, but then the orig. poster came back to add more info in an answer, and I did show up as her screenname so she totally gave herself away. I assume only AFTER you earn enough points to have the "privilege" of answering anon can you do that--til then, ask anon, then refrain from putting anything the answers section of your question.

Answer by vicesix at 12:34 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Unless you have the ability to respond anon (which is currently level 16 and/or 2333 points), then your screen name comes up. You can only post anon questions.

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:35 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• only thing you can do to remain anon is to "edit" your question..

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:33 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Too bad you didn't ask this anonymously! You could have tested it out!

Answer by LancesMom at 12:36 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• dont know i dont ask questions anon but from what i heard from other moms if you ask a question anon and you respond to people answering your question your screen name comes up

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:35 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• this IMO is the biggest flaw in new system

i just do not ask an anon personal question now because i might want to response or add more info

I asked my persoanl questions in the open now, and I have had a change of attitude, i am closer to walking out the door

Answer by fiatpax at 12:38 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• LancesMom, yeah, I didn't even think about that. :-)
    Doing good though off of 1 1/2 hours of sleep. :-)

Comment by Kiwismommy19 (original poster) at 12:37 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• OP-You can ask the question again annonymously and test it out :)

Answer by tanya777 at 12:44 PM on Jun. 27, 2010