Did you know the food industry manufactures food so you can't stop eating it!

Why do we hyper eat?

Why can't we stop even though we are hungry?

Why do we have a pre-occupation with foods?

Peoples brains are literally being activated and arroused!

Is the food industry designing foods to stimilate our brains? Yes! It's literally hijacking the brains of millions of Americans.

View this MSNBC interview by Lisa Myers, with David Kessler. Author of, "The End of Overeating". It will really make you think!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032619/#37876933

What are your thoughts?

LancesMom

Asked by LancesMom at 12:33 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Food & Drink

• My thoughts are, that a lot of people out there are emotional eaters. We eat when we're happy, when we're sad, when we're worried.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 12:35 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• yep because it all revolves around profit.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:36 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Yes. I know this. There are food combinations (salt, fat and sugar) and also chemical additives in our food that causes addiction due to chemical reactions (endorphins, dopamine) within the brain. Emotional eating ties in with this.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 12:38 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• My thoughts are grown my own, keep with my growers co-op, can freeze etc... knowing exactly how the food was grown and handled for storing. Buy very little from food manufacturer industry.
    smokeybear

Answer by smokeybear at 12:38 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Yes I heard that.

Answer by louise2 at 12:41 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I think it's a combination of advertising and marketing--which all play on human psychology--colors, images, jingles, actors, etc. Demographics heavily influence our purchases and advertising agencies use that to their client's advantage. The other part is the emotional part. Out the two together and you have a "recipe" for sales...and down the road health problems!

I have no doubt there are chemicals--both artificial and naturally occurring) in our foods that trigger addictive responses. Just like cigarette manufacturers have been known to do.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:42 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• While I certainly agree that there are additives in food that do this, I also think it's just another way for people to blame anyone but themselves for their weight problems. Food has always been the center of our lives. People have always celebrated with meals, etc. We need to understand the role food should play in our lives, and not fall victim to advertising, etc. The video stated that "it may not be your fault". It'd still our fault that we choose certain foods over others in the first place. I think this just gives people a reason to blame others for their problems, and a reason to find an attorney and sue. JMHO.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:55 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• You know the hormones they put in the animals to make them fat is making us fat! That is what I think!
    MaryBethBest

Answer by MaryBethBest at 7:19 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• i think it's disgusting. if we get sick from the modified food or depressed then they get to give us meds at an 800% markup so everyone makes money on harming the regular people which is what our country has become about.
    ibebreezy

Answer by ibebreezy at 10:12 AM on Jun. 28, 2010