is it ok to take evening primrose oil pills if your pregnant?

I'm not pregnant (that i know of), but i started taking evening primrose oil a couple months ago for PMS, i know they can increase the chance of getting pregnant. so if a woman did get pregnant and not know it would it hurt for her to keep taking evening primrose? if there is not problems with it then could she keep taking it for the other benefits while she is pregnant?

oldfashionSAHM

Asked by oldfashionSAHM at 12:40 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's fine :) Many women take it in the last few weeks to ready their cervix and tissues for labor. It's preganncy safe :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:47 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• tHE ONLY THING THAT I HAVE HEARD AND SEEN IS THAT THEY CAN PUT YOU INTO LABOR. bUT I ASSUME THAT WOULD BE WAAAY LATER IN PREGNANCY..LOL..
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 3:40 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I'd talk to your doc or midwife. I am sure it's safe for baby because I took them at the end of my pregnancy to soften the cervix, but I don't know if it can cause problems by softening the cervix early (don't even know if that's possible). Also anyone who has a history of incompetent cervix should really talk to a doc for sure before you do that.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 4:34 PM on Jun. 27, 2010