No pee??

Hi Ladies,
My son will be 5 months on July 8th. He usually pees a lot overnight, but this morning there was no pee! He slept from 9:30pm to 7:30am. His diaper was dry!!

He is mainly drinking formula, I am weaning due to me having to go back to work, but he still gets 3 BFeeding's a day. About 6 ounces of breastmilk and about 12 onces of formula.

What is going on?? First time mom here... Thanks!

mercilove

Asked by mercilove at 12:45 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 18 ounces isn't enough. he should be getting 24-32 and have a total of 6-8 wet diapers daily.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:51 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• As long as he's peeing just fine during the day, there's nothing to worry about. My daughter goes without peeing during the night quite a bit, but the first two diaper changes once she's awake are soaked.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:52 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• My son did the same thing. Dont worry about it. My son is now 1 and after that night of no pee he has only went pee at night a few times. I think its great I have a feeling that potty training is going to be a bit eaiser with him =)
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:53 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• FYI you don't have to wean just because you are going back to work. You don't necessarily have to pump. It depends on how long you work and if your baby will make up the feeds when you are together. There are plenty of ways to continue.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 1:00 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I know amileegirl... I don't want to stop BF... I just work 6 hours and I go to school also. I am doing the best that I can.
    mercilove

Comment by mercilove (original poster) at 1:12 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Is it really hot where you are? He could be conserving water, I'd make sure he has a lot of fluids before bed tonight.
    Saya

Answer by Saya at 1:35 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Every once in a while my LO will surprise me baby waking up with a dry diaper. If baby is getting the same amount of fluids as usual, and you are feeding on demand (giving him more if/when he asks for it) and baby is acting fine then it is probably just a fluke. Watch for normal wet diapers during the day today.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 3:10 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• It's fine to go all night without a wet diaper - you want a total of 6 throughout a 24 hour period.

And just so you know, even if you can't or don't want to pump during work hours, that doesn't mean you have to stop breastfeeding, you can still nurse while you're together and you'll make plenty of milk. That way baby still gets the benefits of breastmilk even if he's formula fed during work hours. Your supply will adjust.
    lifetimelove

Answer by lifetimelove at 8:54 PM on Jun. 27, 2010