Did you almost sell something at your garage sale and then didn't & it was lucky you didn't?

Once at my garage sale I had a tiny jewelry box for sale. It was priced $3.50. No one bought it. Many looked at it including my MIL. Then it began to rain. DH moved in the old dresser with the jewelry box on it. It fell off and the mirror didn't break. But the box glued in fell out. As did the $100.00 bill I had stashed in it. So whoever may have bought my jewelry box would have gotten a real $100.00 bill! any similar stories?

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 12:50 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I had stuck two hundred bucks in the inside zipper of a purse and forgot it was stashed there. I looked everywhere for it and couldn't find it. Then put a bunch of purses in a yard sale. Luckily, I remembered to go through all the zippers on them before putting them out and found the money. Good thing too, the purse sold within minutes.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:52 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• My art professor at college bought an old family bible for $.50 a long time ago. In it was a pencil drawing on a scrap piece of paper with initials. Having an eye of an art critic, she took it to an appraiser. It was an early Picasso worth about $200,000. She advised us to buy old bibles at estate sales.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 12:55 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Wow! That was luck! I've never had an experience like that, but I have tried to sell several things, and after they didn't sell I realized I could still find a use for them. lol.

jesse, I'm definitely gonna keep an eye out for bibles at yard sales!
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 12:57 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I was doing an estate sale with my folks who where moving back east. My sisters chest of drawers went out for the sale. My sis lives back east. I sold the dresser and then told my sis about it. I thought she was going to come through the phone! The people that bought it where neighbors and I went and asked for it back. Felt so dumb doing that, but I knew my sis would kill me
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 7:35 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Beyond, that was good of you to get the chest of drawers back. My sisters sold some of the books I grew up reading and I miss them to this day. One was a children's bible and I have not found another one like it. My Dad caught them trying to sell my parents' wedding china and he bought it back.
    LauraMi261

Answer by LauraMi261 at 10:31 AM on Jun. 28, 2010