Staying best friends?

My childhood best friends and I all live in seperate states now. I feel really distant in our friendships now, and want to know how you all keep in touch with your best friends, even if you don't get to see them. I've not seen my best best friend in over 4 years. I feel the most distant from her and wish there were some way we cold reconnect.

CAGirl4

Asked by CAGirl4 at 12:54 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• give her friend a call to say hello, send your friend a note with some pictures, face book is a great way to stay connected!
    mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 2:21 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Talk on the phone, text, email, writing to each other. Those are some ways that you can keep in touch. I was going through the same thing and those helped me keep in touch with her. We would send pictures of our kids and a letter. You can try those.
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 12:56 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• That's why I joined FaceBook. All of my friends are scattered around the US and in other countries, so we keep in touch via FB, since we can post pictures and videos, live chat with one another, and in some cases make arrangements to meet up when we're traveling to one anothers' cities/states/countries! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:57 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Facebook... i have reconnected with many childhood through college friends there and the format makes it easy to stay in touch even if just occasionally
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:57 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Facebook is great...
    MamaCharity

Answer by MamaCharity at 12:59 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Facebook, definitely. That's been a godsend--it's a great way to keep in touch with family too, and the friends I have made through the military that have now been stationed elsewhere.
    Cassidhes_Mom

Answer by Cassidhes_Mom at 1:00 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• We text and talk on the phone a lot.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:01 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I agree, Facebook. Honestly though, if you truly are best friends, no matter the time and distance, you will always be able to pick right back up where you left off. I see my best friend once every 5 years and it is like we were never apart.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 1:01 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• FACEBOOK!! :)
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 1:03 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I've been best friends with my best friend since we were 14, that was 33 years ago. We lived just down the street from each other in Montreal until I moved to England and then she moved to Edmonton. We kept in touch with phone calls, letters and later the internet. Now we live only a couple of hours away from each other.
    beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:36 PM on Jun. 27, 2010