what color dress should i were at my daurter wedding the colors are black and red

nanabennett

Asked by nanabennett at 1:00 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Shopping

• And if you have to choose between red or black, I'd go with the black.
    Mainly because of an old wives tale I've heard a lot, that if you wear red to a wedding, you hope they will divorce in a year.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:03 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• well are you a part of your daughters wedding? or are you a guest? If you are just a guest you should wear something that isn't black or red.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:02 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• personally, I'd go with black since I don't look good in red.

which one do you look better in?
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 1:02 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• If the wedding party colors are red and black and you are just a guest, I'd say anything but red or black.
    What's your favorite color?
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:02 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• What does your daughter say?
    I know that I would feel weird to wear black to a wedding, but I'm old...lol....if that's what she wants and you look good in it, go ahead...apparently it's the "thing" nowadays. (and I sound old too!)
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 1:04 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• The mother of the bride can get away with wearing anything--except white/ivory! Personally, I would choose a long lacy dress in black and white, or a jewel tone like emerald green or navy blue. If you like pastel colors--you could wear anything that complements your skin tone--champagne is a great color on brunettes and red heads, and I think those with blond or gray hair look best in a slate blue or sage green.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:13 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Well you're not JUST a guest, you're the mother of the bride. Wear whatever you want.
    My bridesmaids were in black and white at my wedding and my mum wore burgundy, gold and ivory and she looked fabulous!

Talk to your daughter and ask her what she would like you to wear.

Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 1:14 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Maroon, Burgundy, or any variation of pink... depending on what along those color lines you feel confident and beautiful in.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 1:08 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Black attire is considered formal. And you can easily accessorize it as well with a string of your favorite jewelry.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 1:10 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Depends on the apparel: If two-piece suit I would go with black one. If a gown I would go with a red one.
    Energ8zr

Answer by Energ8zr at 1:15 PM on Jun. 27, 2010