My Aircondtioner went out and it gets really hot in our house

I am worried about my kids they are 2 1/2 and 1 1/2 we have several fans but it gets hot in their room at night my question is how hot would it have tobe before it would be considered dangerously hot for my kids I open up their windows and they have two fans in there at night

MoMMyto2971

Asked by MoMMyto2971 at 1:03 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• the bigger problem than just the heat is that warmer means more bacteria can grow & it attracts more bugs.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 1:06 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Our bodies cool off naturally via sweating, so just keep offering LOTS of cool drinks, have them wear the lightest and least amount of clothing during the daytime, give them cool baths, or if you have the outdoor space, let them run around under sprinklers or a garden hose.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:06 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• 9 times out of 10 when the ac goes out it's the fuses. Locate your fuse panel (the ac has it's own) take out the fuses, look like brass tubes and put in replacements. Hopefully this will fix it.
    gonefishin

Answer by gonefishin at 1:07 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I stayed in a hotel with my son the first night he was able to come home because our air went out and it was over 100 in the house. But I wasnt only worried about my son I have a medical condition where I cant be in heat like. In my opinion I would say that about 85 to 90 would be to hot in the house for the kids. But im not sure. If its just to hot in the house then get one of those little kiddy pools for outside that way they can keep cool with the cold watter/
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:07 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Keep the air flow going and make sure they have plenty to drink. Close your windows up tight during the day with curtains, shades, towels, sheets, whatever it takes to keep the hot sun out. At night keep the fans going, eventually it will cool down. Otherwise consider making a campout sleepover in your basement (If you have one). It is generally cooler down there and the air movement with the fans should make it more comfortable.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 1:07 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• You can stick a box fan in the window and have it set to blow out, pulling the hot air out of the house. Offer lots of Popsicle and things like that.
    It'd have to be pretty hot to be dangerous. I'd let them sleep in just undies/diapers if they wanted. It can be a lot more comfy.
    Hope you're able to get it fixed soon.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:09 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Are u talking about your central units? If so just buy the air conditions to put in your windows.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 1:09 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I'd keep the fans going. If you shut up the house it will get too hot. Keep them hydrated and call a repairman.
    mollgirl

Answer by mollgirl at 1:13 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I would go buy a small window air condition .... put it in one room and stay there .... they are only like $100-$150
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 1:27 PM on Jun. 27, 2010