I need help how I can help my 15 month old with coxakie virus .If anyone knows anything please help me make my baby feel better.

My son was just diagnosed with coxakie virus I have some info from my doctor and I'm reading up on the internet about it.does anyone know how I can help him get through these couple of days easier .Thank you so much

katka21

Asked by katka21 at 1:29 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Just give him motrin or your choice of pain reliever..... and plenty of mommy time. If his throat is infected see if he will take popsicles. If not just try and get him to drink cold things. I wouldn't force any food on him right now. If the eyes are infected try cool or warm compresses, whichever make him feel better.

A mixture of 1 teaspoon each of mylanta, kaopectate and benadryl (that you make up yourself) can be painted on the inside of the mouth and will provide some additional comfort before meals.

itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:24 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• You're going to have to decipher coaxkie virus. I have never heard of it.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 1:35 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• That's the hand, foot, mouth virus right? I think all you can do is give them tylenol or motrin (if there's pain or fever) and wait it out.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 1:36 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• yes it is the mouth,foot and hand virus .
    katka21

Comment by katka21 (original poster) at 1:48 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Make sure your child gets a lot of fluids. My son had this and it was painful for him to drink and he wouldn't even swallow his antibotics and we wound up in the hospital with an IV because he became dehydrated.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 2:21 PM on Jun. 27, 2010