Wedding

tight on cash any idea on how to have a nice wedding?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• Rent a cheap place that all you have to pay is the deposit. We only paid $50 to reserve the community center and got it back once we took the key back and they looked over and saw we cleaned up afterwards.
    Rend your clothes or get them second hand. I'm always seeing dresses in the paper for cheap, most only worn once.
    Put the food up yourself and just do finger foods. Ask family to make the cake, or make it yourself.
    Make it a little more casual, like dress pants and button up shirts and ties for groomsmen instead of actual tuxes. Nice dresses for bridesmaids instead of the expensive ones.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:38 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Actual ceremony and reception in a church, park, backyard or any other place where you can get free! I had mine in my parents backyard and it was really really nice. We decorated with twinkle lights and tulle, and it was dusk to evening time. We hit up orientaltradingco.com for tiki's for the centerpieces, and I'm sure they have other things as well to use for centerpieces. You can get flowers cheap at walmart or be creative with candles and glass vases @ the 99 cent store.
    Food you could do sandwhiches, fruit, veggies, different dips. Make your own cake or have a small cake and a dessert bar with cookies, cupcakes and chocolate covered marshmellows, candies, graham crackers etc.
    Go on craigslist, or thrift stores to find dresses for you and bridesmaids. Honestly, because our theme was hawaiian, I had them wear a white top with just a simple wrap around skirt and flip flops!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 1:42 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• The most expensive parts of a wedding and reception are the location and the menu. That said, this time of year (or you can travel) the beach, quiet parks (with ponds, lots of trees/greenery and flowers, or even someone's pretty backyard can be lovely settings for a wedding and be VERY inexpensive, by using the FREE natural setting to set the tone or theme--also consider afternoon or sunset weddings for dramatic pictures!

Have friends and family contribute food and wedding needs in lieu of cash or material gifts. Have friends and family cook/bake your favorite foods/desserts. Have a friend or two with really good cameras take pictures. Another friends could be your DJ, a creative friend could make your invitations, bridal bouquet out of silk flowers, wedding cake, jazz up a plain/simple dress into a spectacular dress!

Ultimately your wedding should reflect, and be about YOU and your HUSBAND! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:45 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• where do you live??? I do silk flowers....I can probably save you a bundle!!! I just did a wedding yesterday for a girl...she had 6 bridesmaids, 2 Jr. bridesmaids, and a toss boquet, and she needed 6 corsages, and 17 bouteniers, and she got a "quote" for like $450!!! I did all her flowers for less than $150!!! They were beautiful!!!
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 2:01 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Silk flowers, have a friend make the cake for you,you can get beautiful wedding gowns at second hand stores for next to nothing. Have friends and family make potluck dishes for your reception, it would be fun and the food would most likely taste better than if you had it catered. I personally like casual receptions MUCH better anyway. Have your attendants just wear nice dresses of their choosing instead of having to buy a fancy dress they'll only wear once.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 3:31 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Get married at home. Invite only the closest of friends and relatives.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:04 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Get your dress from a consignment store. Make flowers, invitations, and programs yourself. If you can't have wedding at a church try hotels; they tend to be cheaper.
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 9:36 PM on Jun. 27, 2010