Am I just wearing the wrong bra size?

I either pooch out the sides, it slides all up and down my back, the straps dig in my shoulders, I pooch out under the bottom of it.
Am I just getting the wrong size or just bad bras?
I usually wear underwire, nonpadded bras. I can't stand the padding.
Any ideas?

Kiwismommy19

Asked by Kiwismommy19 at 1:35 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Go to a GOOD lingerie and have a fitting.
    It sounds like you are wearing the wrong size for sure. They will measure you and get you to try different sizes and styles until you find one that fits well and works best for you.
    Not all bra shapes and styles are good for all people.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 1:41 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Maybe try going up a size on your bra. Not the cup size but the "38" part. I do that and find the one that fits me the best. Just have to compliment the cup size as well when you do that...
    I have the same problem
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 1:40 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Well, I had all of those problems for years, I even had custom bras made and paid an outrageous amount of money, and they weren't comfortable and caused many of the problems you mentioned. I finally found a bra that fits me and doesn't dig into my shoulders at Cacique. They are expensive, but boy it's worth it. I'm 48, and wear a 38 DDD. I always had to settle for what I could find, and nothing fit until the Balconette bra at Cacique. It's a molded cup, which is thick, something I always avoided, but it gives me the best support and comfort I've ever had. I do still have some stuff pouch out at the top of the sides and back....but that's because I need to lose weight, and it's kind of soft there....
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:40 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Yes thats the wrong size. You can go get fitted I think at Jc penneys. Not sure but call around to see who does bra fittings.
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 1:41 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• JC Penney will do a free bra fitting to find the right size for you.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 1:41 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Definitely the wrong size. I tend to not trust the specialty stores that you go in to get measured at either. Firstly--they do it over your clothing, which is going to be less accurate. Secondly, I've noticed that they tend to try to fit you into one of THEIR sizes rather than your true size.

There are a lot of walkthroughs in how to measure yourself and I'd recommend trying it yourself, or having a close friend or your SO help you. With that and a little trial and error (different companies FIT differently, so I can be one size in one brand and then a completely different size in the next), I finally found comfortable, well-fitting bras. Figleaves.com ended up being good for me, because I was able to see reviews from other women as well, to get an idea on how the bra fit and felt.
    Cassidhes_Mom

Answer by Cassidhes_Mom at 1:43 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I will not wear anything right now but the Cacique bras from Lane Bryant! I love them! Once I go down one more size (I've lost 72 lbs!!!) I'll probably have to go to Victoria's Secret, but I'm a weirdo about having nice bras!
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 1:56 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• i've always bought the wrong bra size lol. but hey.. what works is what works. right now i'm wearing 38DD and it hurts.. i think i'm a 42 DD but can't afford it ;[
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 3:38 PM on Jun. 27, 2010