would you make this for your family?

My mom called me to give me a recipe. She said it was yummy and quick and thought I could make it for the family. I was flabbergasted when she told me what it was.... sounded sooooo gross, full of fat and salt. Would you really consider making this for your family???

canned chicken (didnt even know this existed)
crescent rolls (Pillsbury type) not too bad... fattening but used sparingly can be yummy
cheese (why does she feel every meal needs to be covered in cheese?)
can of crap soup (THIS is the grossest stuff and she insists on making soooo many meals iwth it)

Wrap the meat and cheese in the rolls, cover in soup and bake.

Now why wouldnt I simply bake chicken, serve with a veggie, and the rolls.... soooo much better tasting and YUMMY. Healthier and doesnt take any longer. ?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Food & Drink

• If you don't think it's sounds good then don't make it.

I make quick easy thing with "can of crap" soup all the time.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 1:38 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• That sounds pretty gross. I wouldn't make it....or eat it. Lol.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 1:38 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• There is canned chicken.. it's like tuna in a can... It is actually really good.

I would rather make ham and cheese stuffed chicken. It's only like 240 calories for the whole mean. That sounds better and tastes way better..

That meal doesn't sound yummy to me.
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 1:38 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• lol never. If I wanted to kill my family I'd do it fast and simple not clog their artieries and make them die a slow and nasty death!

Yeah, baked chicken sounds much better.
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 1:39 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• LOL your mom sounds like she is from the 50-60s generations. Where canned soup and casseroles were all da bomb!
    LancesMom

Answer by LancesMom at 1:39 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I wouldn't make that, but similarly I would cut up chicken I cooked myself, mix it with 1-2 lbs of frozen mixed veggies, mix in a can of fat free cream of celery (I found a brand that has less sodium AND fat than regular, yay!), and top that with crescents (I'd be more likely to make a biscuit-y topping, we like it better than crescents). I could easily eat your mom's recipe if it was served to me, but I wouldn't make it.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 1:41 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Maybe it taste better than it sound.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 1:50 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• i'd eat it, since it's covered in cheese lol
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 2:02 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I wouldn't make it as she gave it, but I might try to make something similar but healthier. Used cooked chicken breast instead of canned (sodium filled) chicken, add some veggies, cut back on the amount of cheese and use a lower fat version, find low fat crescent rolls or make your own, and use low sodium cream soup or else make your own gravy.

Your mom was just trying to share something she enjoyed. My mom does the same thing. We have different tastes when it comes to food and I accept that in her, I accept the recipe in good grace, and usually never make it.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 2:12 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• What is "can of crap" soup? I've never heard of it!
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 2:15 PM on Jun. 27, 2010