whens the best time to take a multi-vitamin? after dinner or breakfast?

when would it be more effective?

also i have a hard time taking them because the make me sick sometimes.

any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Health

• Whenever you feel better taking them. Some take them in the morning to feel good all day, some get sick in the morning and take them at night.
    Try taking it with sprite. It's what I had to do not to throw up taking my vitamins while pregnant.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:41 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I always take them after breakfast. I think they give me jump start to the day. But always take them with food on your stomach.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 1:41 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• my doctor told me that two children's vitamins equal a prenatal....so that's what I take. I take it first thing in the morning so I don't forget. Even before breakfast. It seems to give me a bit more energy.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 1:45 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• always take them with food. doesn't matter the time of day but never take them on an empty stomach because that will make you feel sick
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:51 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• thanks ill try it with sprite
    dravensmum

Answer by dravensmum at 1:54 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I've always heard that it's better to take them in the morning. I usually take mine with my meal, which (for me) takes away the after taste of the vitamins.
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 1:57 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I was told to take vitamins with food in the morning so they have all day to go through your system. Pop made me sick when I was pregnant so I drank lemon water. If you can consume pop drink Cocoa Cola this always helps me when I feel sick.

cakestylist

Answer by cakestylist at 6:00 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Vitamins make me nauseous. I take them a bedtime and have no problems.
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 7:14 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Mine always make me sick to my stomach whether it's with food or not. I take them right before getting comfortable in bed . I even keep them on my night stand just for this reason.
    LorisChar

Answer by LorisChar at 7:54 PM on Jun. 27, 2010