Ok I posted yesterday about ALL DAY long sickness...and...

I think I figured out that my prenatal vitamin was making my sickness almost unbearable.

SO......should I try another brand or should I just try taking them at night? Will taking them at night make me wake up sicker?

I was on Once a Day prenatal...but they were out of them when I went to the store about a week ago, so I bought the other kind....

Now wishing I hadnt! lol

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 1:41 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If I remember right, my Dr told me to take them right before bed so if I did feel a little sick, it would be while I was sleeping. Of course if it's real bad and wakes you up, then definitely try something else.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 1:45 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• You can try switching back to the other ones If you didn't have a problem with them.
    Do you take them with a meal? I heard if they make you sick then taking them with a meal helps.
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 1:45 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• You can try taking 2 Flintstones completes. That what I take and I compared them to the once a day prenatals and they are comparable. You get the same, if not more of the essential vitamins and minerals that you need. I don't get sick at all taking Flintstones.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 1:47 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Are you sick all day or puking all day? I was puking all day and they said I had Hyperemisis (*sp) but basically it is where your body hyper reacts to the hormones changing and you are puking 24/7 (I had this for all 9 months though and was hospitalized for months due to constant dehydration and lack of nutrition) I hope your not puking his much (i would even puke with water or nothing) otherwise you also could just be very sick from your hormones changing. And yes I have heard of prenatal vitamins making you sick. I would try incorporating ginger into your diet. It settles the stomach. I was on Zofran for the 24/7 puking but this is a very strong, very expensive med.m (I think it was about $100 a pill) Gl hun and hope you get to feeling better!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 1:48 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• take childrens vitamins. that's what i had to take because there were too many extra vitamins in prenatals. childrens vitamins are basically the same as prenatals, just lower doses
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:49 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• You really should get whole food vitamins. Wegmans has a really great brand.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:49 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I just FEEL sick all day....like I might vomit, but have not had any vomit yet. Yesterday was the WORST and I had been on those new vitamins for 3 days....and it just hit me that my sickness had gotten progressively worse while taking those. I didnt take that brand today and I feel much better!
    mom2twobabes

Comment by mom2twobabes (original poster) at 1:50 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• take them at night on a full stomach or switch back to your other brand. if the other brand didn't make you sick it shouldn't be a problem when you switch back.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:54 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I was sick all day long no matter what vitamins I took but it was worse when I took them in the morning.

A friend of mine swore by the sea bands for her sickness, I tried it and it didn't work for me, but it might be worth a shot.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 1:57 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I was never able to take prenatals with any of my kids.  They made me so sick.  I usually just took kids chewable ones which is what I was taking before I got pregnant.  I also found the Centrum Chewables don't make me sick so I take those now.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:19 PM on Jun. 27, 2010