Loose teeth

My daughter lost some teeth a while ago but has not lost any for a long time. She is 7. How often are they supposed to loose those things?

JayRo00

Asked by JayRo00 at 1:49 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My son did that, lost 2 real quick and then went FOREVER before he lost another one! I think its normal :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 1:52 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Depends on the kid, don't worry they'll all fall out when its time. You can ask your dentist next time you take her in for a cleaning.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 2:11 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• My son lost 2 in first grade and then went all the way through second without a single tooth falling out. So far this summer he has lost 2 (just in the past week) and a third is loose. Sometimes it takes a while (a friend of mine lost 8 teeth at the age of 13!) but I've also been told that the longer they keep those baby teeth, the better.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 11:27 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• My oldest lost a bunch of teeth in kinder and in the beginning of 1st grade, but hasn't lost any since. My middle DD is starting 1st grade this year, and her very first tooth is finally loose. It just varies. I think they have spurts between loosing them, and then not.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 2:36 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• There's no set pattern. If you're worried, you can talk to your dentist the next time you're in, but for the most part it's just unique to each kid.
    DDDaysh

Answer by DDDaysh at 4:28 PM on Jun. 28, 2010