I'm trying to find a training potty that fits over the big toilet. Got any suggestions??

My son is sixteen months but very interested in the big potty. I've always talked to him about it and what we're doing when he sees us using it. My sister suggests that I get a training potty that fits over the big toilet because they're more sanitary and easier on the parents. Also the transition from training potty to big potty will be easier on Khaled because he will already be used to being up there. The trouble is that I can't find anything that seems ideal for us. Please HELP!!

ForgivenLev420

Asked by ForgivenLev420 at 1:50 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• there's one at walmart the has a step stool and potty seat that you fit over it, or you can use it like a regular potty seat for a toddler. i agree with your sister, my son made the transition to the regular with the help of a potty seat that fit over the toilet. they also make them with just the attachment with handles with characters on them. my son did use a potty chair at my aunts but just to play with. i hate the idea of cleaning them...gross!
    http://www.amazon.com/Safety-1st-One-Step-Trainer-White/dp/B0009F3OZE/ref=pd_cp_ba_2
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 1:54 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I got one at Target (I know they also sell it at Wal Mart) that has Sesame Street characters on it. It fits perfectly on our enlongated seats and my mom's normal seats. Plus, it has a removable cushion for cleaning and a little "shield" thing which is awesome for boys since they tend to pee straight instead of down. lol. It was about $12 or so.
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 1:54 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• i have the one the first PP talks about, the 3-n-1 potty. we use it as a stool right now, i bought it then never actually used it as a potty lol. i just put ds on the big potty and trained him on that. dd might need the little potty though, thankfully i saved it, she's not strong enough yet to hold herself up there. not yet anyway. hopefully she will when it's time to potty train, sometimes in the next few months. GL
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 2:03 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I just bought my children the Baby Bjorn toilet seat/ring that just sat on top of the regular toilet seat--so they wouldn't fall in! LOL And the matching step stool--bought two sets for the bathrooms on both floors. I stored the seat in the cabinet under the bathroom sinks, and it just popped on and off for when adults needed to use it. Eventually as they got older, they realized they didn't need it, and we soon tossed them--but kept the step stools for brushing teeth, washing hands, etc.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:15 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• They have them everywhere.  Wal-mart and Target carry ones with cartoon characters on them.  Ours was a cushy soft one.  The first one we had actually came with it's own little potty seat.  The ring could be removed and used on the toilet and then the little potty became a step stool (that's how we used it with our first 3...they never used it as a potty).

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:33 PM on Jun. 27, 2010