Looking for new ideas...

I am burned out on plastic canvas crafts and looking for new craft ideas to try. I am up for just about anything. Please help.

CharityTipton

Asked by CharityTipton at 1:51 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• making monogrammed (sp?) baby onesies, parents eat them up! and onesies with names and stuff.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 1:57 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Awwe that sounds like my mom : ) She is so into plastic C. and has to find new things every so often, her newest is painting things. anything.......... paint whatever is most convenient or just make curtains that are painted up your way, like you cn put on those sheer curtains and dobble paint, or dabble with a sponge and create some interesting or cute designs, I would stick to simple and easy and fun. Use colors that you love to be seeing alot of. Sheers or sheer curtains , they usually just call them sheers and light difusing blinds that are rigid would work, like the accordian style, in any color !! Happy painting. Cheaper style of paint can be made yourself by using the tubes of paint for making oils paintings on canvas, and if you use them and lighten them with a tube of white or darken with black all of the inbetween colors can be made by you.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 2:01 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Try pottery/sculpting - you can make your own dough at home and let it harden in the sun. Jewelry making - I like using "semi"-precious gems to make necklaces, and etc. Make musical instruments. It might sound like a child's craft (and it is) but its really relaxing, challenging and rewarding! You could even switch your hobby over to food. Try baking different types of cupcakes and use colorful decorations. Or try collecting as much old scraps like buttons, cans, wire and etc from around the house and yard to create your own "junk" art masterpiece.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 2:01 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• For curtains It's possible to use sponges for dabble painting design, or those craft store print blocks with 3-D and you dip them, can't think of what they call them. oh, yea....stamps. Like little kids get them at A.C. moore.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 2:05 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• needle punch
    cross stitch
    embroidery
    crochet
    knitting
    paper crafting (scrapbooking or making other items out of paper)
    glass tile mosaic
    beaded jewelry
    cake decorating
    sewing
    painting
    ceramics
    wood working
    wood burning
    flower arrangements

.... is there a craft store shoppers anonymous? I spend way too much time there...
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 4:27 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• have you ever tried generating money from your crafts? Try a flea market.. from there you can also see what sells and what doesn't, and find other hobbies.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:15 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I do paper crafting and home decor. You can also take a look at esty.com to see what's out there.
    sokkamum

Answer by sokkamum at 11:13 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I swap crafts on Swap-Bot.com. That site has opened me up to new crafts that I hadn't made before like an ATC, a homemade postcard, homemade evnelopes, whimsy jars, bookmarks...lots of things. If you are looking for something new, go check it out!
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 10:16 AM on Jun. 29, 2010