packing my hospital bag

okay i need to pack my hospital bag and am having a hard time comiung up with a list please help!

cowgirl_mommy05

Asked by cowgirl_mommy05 at 1:52 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• A going home outfit for you and baby.
    Slippers.
    A comfy nightgown.
    Your own pillow.
    List of phone numbers of who to call when baby is born.
    Shampoo and conditioner.
    Toothbrush and toothpaste.
    A book or magazines.
    Camera and batteries.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 1:55 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• night shirts, bras, undies, an outfit for baby to take home, don't forget the car seat!, a couple of pairs of jogging pants and comfy shirts for you, socks, house shoes, the hospital will have everything baby needs and give you plenty of stuff to take home.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 1:56 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I find that all I need/want are my PJ's, toothbrush and paste, brush, MY soap/shampoo, clothes to go home in and my entertainment such as books, movies, music, phone, camera...etc.
    For the baby, clothes to go home in, a blanket to go home in....a couple diapers, wipes and depending on if your BF or bottle feeding, bottles and formula.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 1:56 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Well, for you. Bring toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, body wash, Slippers, Hmm.. and for baby just bring an outfit or two. They give you diapers, formula, onesies, and maybe you should bring some socks for baby too. IDK? I had a baby 5 yrs ago lol
    youngmm

Answer by youngmm at 1:57 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I have had 8 kids and with each of them I packed the following:
    ***CAMERA****
    Telephone numbers
    Robe/slippers
    loose tops/pajama bottoms (anything loose fitting and comfy)
    Socks
    Toothbrush/toothpaste
    Shampoo/conditioner
    make/up and hair ties
    FOR BABY:
    1-2 outfits to choose from for going home, include socks, onsie, top, bottom, hat, etc depending upon the weather

Also, I hear a lot of people suggest bringing magazines, crossword puzzles, or something to keep you busy....In my experience you have PLENTY to keep you busy. :)
    Good Luck
    kiddosX8

Answer by kiddosX8 at 2:00 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• thank you so much!!
    cowgirl_mommy05

Comment by cowgirl_mommy05 (original poster) at 2:01 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• All the things mentioned above are great ideas. Another thing I found VERY useful was some menus for different restaurants that delivered. Hospital food is not always appetizing, and this way your SO or another loved one won't have to rush out to get you dinner. You can call in dinner and have it delivered to hospital. :-)
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 2:01 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I don't have anything to add, except good luck!
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:06 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Yeah, I did the whole packing crazy thing but the truth is that the hostipital has all the necessities. All I would bring is very comfy long socks (my feet were so cold) take home clothes something maternity and stretchy so you are comfortable, toothbrush and some sort of book/music that you won't get sick of. There's a tv in most rooms so you'll have plenty of entertainment. For baby I had a whole layette from the gifts I received. It was a hat, long sleeve and pants onesie, and socks. Those I think are the best bc it all matches and baby will be covered. Don't stress and don't over pack bc it will just be more stuff to bring home. Good Luck.
    ForgivenLev420

Answer by ForgivenLev420 at 2:10 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• The camera is the most important thing. :)

You do not need to bring much. The hospital provides everything for baby and will send you home with tons of stuff. Diapers, formula if you are formula feeding and diaper bags from the formula companies.

You will mainly want a comfy pair of clothes for yourself (your "fat" clothes) since you will still have a bit of a belly. and an outfit to bring baby home in.

The car seat of course as well.

You might also want to bring a cute outfit for baby for that "first" picture they take at the hospital.
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 4:33 PM on Jun. 27, 2010