Emotional pain of losing a baby?

What does it feel like emotionally to lose your baby who was just born? I'm not talking about miscarriage. I mean after he/she was born.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• WOW.....I simply could not even venture to guess. Are you asking out of curiosity or is it something you fear? I don't think that unless one has experienced the loss of a baby that anyone could even begin to imagine the pain that is associated with such a tremendous loss. If you are asking out of fear of being in that situation I would recommend speaking to your physician to ease your fears. If you don't mind my asking......Why are you wondering about this in particular?

kiddosX8

Answer by kiddosX8 at 2:04 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I've never been there, so I wouldn't even know how much pain I'd be in....especially having held them or seen them at least. I would hope that I'd keep the perspective that i'll be able to see him/her again one day, and that i'd cherrish each and every moment as a blessing, that I was able to have with them.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 2:05 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I have a cousin that just lost twins. She delivered and Chloe lived for 4 days, and Lillian lived for 14. it was horrible. I'm still praying for her, and I just don't understand why God does some things. I guess I'll never understand until I get to heaven, but it's just so hard. I know that she's getting couseling as well as her husband, but all-in-all, I don't know how someone would overcome such grief without clinging closely to the Saviour.
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 2:06 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• My son was born stillborn. I was 9 mth pregnant due for a schedule c-section sept 13(he was born sept 11,2007). Icant really describe the pain im feeling. for 9 mths u carry a baby to have him snatched so suddenly! It'll be 3 yrs soon but it still hurts like hell that my son died, that it feels like ppl forgot about him
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 2:09 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I personally don't know how it feels and don't think I ever will unless it happens to me, but I have a friend that just lost her baby because it had Anencephaly. She knew it was going to happen though, they found out at her 20 week ultrasound that her baby had it. Her baby actually survived birth (at 7 months) but passed away almost two hours after. The doctors didn't even bother putting her baby into the incubator or anything all, they just let momma and daddy hold her because they all knew she wasn't going to make it. I cant even imagine how she felt, I even thought she stayed pretty strong through it all but I'm sure deep down inside It was killing her.
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 2:17 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I cant even begin to think about it. I was devastated to have a miscarriage after knowing i was pregnant for 2 weeks. Let alone full term. It saddens me to even begin to think about it.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 3:21 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I don't know. I can only imagine it would be just horrible! :( I hope it's not something I ever have to face.
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 4:24 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Feels like someone put a knife into your heart and pulled it out with the knife.
    Nicsone

Answer by Nicsone at 4:33 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I dont know personally but have talked to a very sweet girl who lost her baby at 4 months because she had left her in the bouncy while she ran to the store and hubby was in the other room. When she got back her baby had flipped over in the bouncy and landed on the bingbag next to her and suffocated. I stopped breathing for a while just listening to her story and till this day I still think about her. She said that her husband and her stopped talking and that every thing just seemed unreal. I asked her if the police questioned her and she said they questioned both her and her husband but she said at that point she didnt care what they did to her because nothing would bring back her baby girl. This story was told to me for a reason and now I am extremely cautiouse with any and everything my babys do, you can never be too safe. I just recently had a little girl myself and when she was born they had to take her to the nicu because
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 7:39 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• cont... her breathing was very shollow. She was put on oxygen and a feeding tube to realese air from her stomach and then of course the IV. I stayed with her all day and at night I woke up to nurse her in the nicu every 3 hours. I was lucky enough to take her home with me when I went home but she still has a hard time keeping up with her breathing and will gasp for air everyonce in a while. She sleeps in her bassinette next to me everynight and any time I here a peep out of her I jump up its just a mothers instinct to wake up on demand. I do believe you become a stronger parent the more children you have but a loss of a child is like taking your heart right out of you and I can only imagine how that feels. Even though there are a million support groups I dont think a parent who has gone through something like that will ever rest and be at peace untill the day they die. I know for sure I wouldnt.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 7:47 PM on Jun. 27, 2010