My apartment is being inspected tomorrow, what extra things should I do?

I have apartment inspection tomorrow and I will admit I have but some things off till last minute. I have already cleaned my refrigerator and organized my kitchen cabinets. I also plan on doing all the regular things, that I do everyday of course, sweep, mop, vacuum, dishes, pick up toys, clean the bathroom, and dust. But I was wondering what extra things would you ladies do if you were being inspected?

BlainesMommy09

Asked by BlainesMommy09 at 2:11 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Really what you have claimed to have done should be fine... just make sure it's clean, no garbage lying around.... stains on carpets (by you) should be cleaned also... they will look for basic housekeeping violations and apt. damage... if pets are allowed, make sure there is no pet damage and that their areas are clean ie... kitty boxes, or paper off floors for puppies....
    If you have a washer/dryer in your apt/house... that area should be clean, the laundry doesn't have to be done, but in neat piles or bushels...any ceiling fans, wipe the blades off... whatever they/he/she finds wrong you will be wrote up for it and will be given time to correct the issue...
    My Dh does this for a living...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:11 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Clean the bathroom, clean the walls if needed, dust (The ceiling and baseboards too). If there is any damage in the home then try to fix that before the landlord comes if possible.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:40 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Being inspected by who? Landlord? Realtor? CPS? Mother in Law? For me it depends on who's coming.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 2:12 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Extra things would be wiping the baseboards, spot cleaning the walls, dusting the corners of the ceiling for stray cobwebs, etc...
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 2:13 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I'm being inspected by the landlord. They do it once a year.
    BlainesMommy09

Comment by BlainesMommy09 (original poster) at 2:36 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Make sure to take out the garbage and to have the laundry done (or at least in the washer, LOL).
    dotsicle

Answer by dotsicle at 4:41 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• You sound like you have done the major things, I have section 8 and have a inspection yearly so these are all the things I did before they came.
    butterflymeme

Answer by butterflymeme at 8:31 AM on Jun. 28, 2010