my one month old son bowel movements have been dark green and seedy. his formula was changed from similar to good start recently. could it be the new formula or is that normal. i called the pediatrician and describe it to him and he said it was normal.... i dont know the baby has just been very fussy. maybe he is just spoiled too as well....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Oh good Lord. You cannot spoil an infant nonetheless a newborn!! it's probably from the formula change....more reasons to breastfeed
    alotta_fagina

Answer by alotta_fagina at 2:19 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• It sounds normal.
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 2:24 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• A one-month old baby CANNOT be SPOILED!!! It is pretty normal for their bowel movements to change from time to time, their little bodies are adjusting, and a formula change will take some adjusting. (Wait till you introduce FOOD!!) I don't believe that you have anything to worry about, it is normal!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 2:24 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• The baby is just adjusting to the formula change. That's all.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:26 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• It sounds normal. Dark green, yellow or brown is normal colors for infant poop. I BF and supplement formula and the colors change from dark green to yellow and back and forth. My son is 5 months old. I BF exclusively for 3 months and even then his poop would change colors every now and then, its so weird lol but normal!
    mercilove

Answer by mercilove at 2:28 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• You can't spoil babies or children with love and affection.

You can only spoil children with material THINGS.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 2:42 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• It sounds normal to me. And don't worry about spoiling him. you can't "spoil" a baby that age in a bad sense. Even if you were to, it would be a great thing. The more love and attention they have, the better. Anyways, back to the poop. My son had poop just like that and nothing was ever wrong with him.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:50 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• A baby cannot be spoiled...Seriously! The baby is just adjusting to the formula and if it doesn't get better ask the Dr. what he thinks
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:30 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• you can't spoil a baby that young. And I agree with everyone else, his poo is normal. Red, black and gray are the worry colors
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 3:35 PM on Jun. 27, 2010