Need some ideas.....ASAP!!

I am just gonna go ahead and spit it out. I am busy, worn out, looking for anything that may help my family. My kids are obviously bored,and it is only the beginning of summer!! I am a full time nursing student, which in itself it OVERWHELMING, I have 8 kids. Usually they go to daycare the summer, but since I am in school f/t I just can't work, so they are unable to go :( My hubby works nites, and I am in school a couple hours 3 days a week, the ret is on-line, and at home studying. I think maybe i should have waited to go back to school but I didn't and I have to deal with it n juggle everything. My kids are great for the most part, they are helpful and usually well behaved. Lately, they are just bored. I havent had much time to really "do" anything with them this summer, nor will I at this rate. Anybody have any ideas that might help? Things to keep em busy? Ways I can better use my time?Organizing ideas?ANYTHING will help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• Try to study when they're eating, taking naps, or in bed. Doing school work when the house is quiet should be better for you anyhow, so you can concentrate. If you have a laptop you can sit under the umbrella in the shade and do school work on that. Then your kids can play yard games, play in the pool, or sprinkler while you work. You can also have them help you with your school work maybe .. Maybe something easy into a game. That might help you memorize some things for school.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:25 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Well this is the best I got :) I don't have many options when it comes to outside entertainment for my kids so I have to work with what's around me.....Make "games" out of the trips you make with the kids, even if it's just grocery shopping. For example, my son is totally into cars, particularly Thunderbirds and The disney movie "cars".Anyways EVERYWHERE we go it's a "game" to find as many thunderbirds as we can, I do always have a camera handy but am a photographer so that's a given :) But I take pics (if we are walking) with him next to the t-birds we find. Or we will find "characters" from the movie...old VW's vans well we just found "Filmore" from the movie hehe...So yea that's my suggestion, try to look at whatever you're doing even if it's a chore and somehow involve them and make it a game...the nice part is you can create alot of "cleaning" games lol...and they don't even know what they are doing. PM me for more ideas
    MamaCharity

Answer by MamaCharity at 2:25 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• AMC Theaters shows kid movies in the summer for just $1, and Regal Cinema is free. (check the sites for your location). Try visiting your local aquatic park, the admission is usually like $2/3 a child and $5 for adults. The library is always fun! You could go to the drive-in movies, look up summer bowling deals. Find skating coupons, or park events like the Jazz festible. If you are into home activities you could have an indoor camp out at night. You could make play dough with the kids. Have a water balloon fight. Go for morning walks before it gets too hot out. Go to the zoo, or a free museum.
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 2:29 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• This summer I have my kids in on a reading competition. They all get two cents for every page they read or two dollars a book. Before they collect their money they need to write at least a 4 to five page book report. At the end of the month the person with the most books and book reports done will win a movie or a special treat from me. It is fun and keeps them busy!
    michelle146

Answer by michelle146 at 2:30 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Study at the park! I have been to nursing school as a parent and I did my best studying at the park. Just pack a cooler filled with drinks/food and some things like frisbee's, balls/gloves/bats, football, go to a park with a volleyball net and bring a volleyball.
    Don't go to a super busy park though go to one where there will be less people that way it's less noisy.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:27 PM on Jun. 27, 2010