Do you have a fully stocked freezer?

My dh and I bought a small locking freezer last spring and I just finally got it stocked w/meat. Do you have food stored up just in case? I am not the most prepared or organized person but for some reason I feel it's important to have some extra food stored.

Asked by momthruivf at 2:35 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Food & Drink

• yes,

Answer by lovinangels at 2:36 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• we dont because we live in a small rental but my parents do in their garage

Answer by kjbennett26 at 2:37 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• We do have a freezer stocked up. Just extra meat and stuff in there.

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 2:37 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• No... I don't stock up on food really.. We are daily to every 2 day shoppers..

Extra meat (like 4-5 days worth) is a close to I get to stocking up.. lol

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:38 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I do have a extra freezer filled with food. 

Answer by mommiedear at 2:38 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Yes I usually do but now I am emptying my cupboards and freezer and saving the money I spend on food to restock everything before winter.

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 2:41 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Yes! When we were kids there wasn't always much food, so I like to have a freezer FULL of food. Then there is no worry! I bet we have enough food in there for two full months.

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:43 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Yes, my freezer and my pantry. I have a friend that laughs at me but I usually have whatever it is she wants to borrow! You never know when hard times might hit, and itis good to know that at least you will continue to feed your family.

Answer by Maggiemae4 at 2:43 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• no, i only stock what i'm going to be using for a week or so.

Answer by dullscissors at 2:43 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• We have an old Freeze that is such an energy Hog!! Our freezer does have too much. Since most of the year I've been unable to cook. Besides food tastes awful to me! DH made some pork chops over one year old. They were Bad! So there we go we have an energy hog and have food I can't cook and its being wasteful. Sucks since we're jobless. But for those that are right on top of it. Yay for you! Its nice to have things on hand! Since we do live in a rural country area.

Answer by Angellinda at 3:29 PM on Jun. 27, 2010