How far away do you live from where you grew up?

Do you like where you live today? Would you rather move somewhere else? Or would you rather move back to your hometown?

I'm a native Bostonian, but now living 300 miles away in eastern PA. I love where I live now--I could never live in the city again! But, given the chance, I would move to either North Carolina or Texas--along the ocean.

LoriKeet

Asked by LoriKeet at 2:44 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I live clear across the country from where I grew up. I grew up in a small desert town in Southern California, called Hesperia. I am now in Central Massachusetts, in a little town called Leicester. I LOVE it there. All the green and trees. Big difference from the hot, dusty desert I grew up in. I wouldn't move back to my hometown for the world.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 7:53 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• i grew up in arkansas. i live in colorado now. the climate is the only thing i like more. i'd move back in a heartbeat! but i dont miss the 100% humidity on a 100 degree day.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:46 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I'm still in the same town i was born and raised in

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:47 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• About 300 miles. Grew up in California, now am in Arizona. I like where we live now, don't think I'd like to go back. Even though I'd be open to some where more rural, and maybe a little more green!
    SandraLee242

Answer by SandraLee242 at 2:48 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Im not even in the same country lol We are stationed in Germany for the next 2 years (hubby is in the army). Its ok, Id much rather go back to my hometown in Oregon though or anywhere in the states would be better then here.
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 2:50 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I was an Army brat and grew up in several states. My favorite was Alaska and that's the one I consider home. I was born in Ky though and I live in another part of Ky now.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:50 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I live in the house that my parents bought when I was 1. I moved 2000 miles away for about 10 years, but I got homesick and came back to the area. My son and I have lived with my parents for 10 years now.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 2:51 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I'm 200 miles from where I grew up. I would leave this town in a heartbeat if it weren't for my husband's job
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:53 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I live three miles away from the house I grew up in, my parents are still there. My dh parents only live about 6 miles away, in the house he grew up in. We both really like this area, it is a good place to have a family. But if we could move anywhere, it would be out to the mountains, Colorado or someplace else out there.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 2:55 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• i am about 30 minutes from where i grew up. it just worked out that way. dh has his business here, so i don't think we will move again. if we did move it would be to prince edward island or north carolina : )
    i think the great part of north carolina would be 4 seasons, mountains and the ocean!
    dh is canadian, and his canadian pick is pei.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:00 PM on Jun. 27, 2010