what would you do?

So my boyfriends bestfriend is an annoying drag. I knew since the beginning he didn't like me, now I've confirmed it because I read a text saying that he was talking shit about me. Anywho, my boyfriend is starting to see patterns from him, and theyy all make his bff look two faced and a shit talker but he won't admit it and he's so blind tat he actually takes all his crapm he said he wld make a change but I know he won't he's so attached to him. I dnt wanna make him choose but when my bff didn't like him I chose him over her and its only fair to expect the same isn't it ?

elliebaby

Asked by elliebaby at 2:45 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• Men will never have the same standards as women..or see what women see... unless they are gay. It is a waste of time to try to figure out a man.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:50 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• If you knew in the beginning that his friend didn't like you then why are you still mad about it. Have you confronted his friend as to why he doesn't care for you. I don't think its fair nor right for you to make him choose between you two. As for what is fair did your bf make you end your friendship or did you make that choice yourself.

mum1

Answer by mum1 at 2:51 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I don't think that it is "fair" to make anyone choose anyone over someone. In order for someone to change or acknowledge a behavior that is toxic, they have to see it and or want it for themselves and not be forced into a decision based on the belief that if they do not feel or act in a certain manner they will lose you. You boyfriends friend may indeed be an annoying drag, and two-faced, but ultimately your boyfriend needs to see and acknowledge that himself, or in the long run he may resent you for giving him an ultimatum and forcing him to choose. At this point, you have to come to the realization that the only person you have any control over is YOU. You choose how you act, how you respond, and how you deal with this. If your choice is to stick around the only option you have is to support your boyfriend as he hopefully comes to terms with the fact that his BF is not what he appears. You CANNOT force anyone to do anything.
    kiddosX8

Answer by kiddosX8 at 2:54 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• You chose a boyfriend over your best friend? Wow. Not a very good friend, are you?
    How can you have considered her a best friend if you were going to dump them the second your boyfriend doesn't like them?
    You should never choose a friend over a boyfriend/girlfriend.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:57 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• CORRECTION .. You should never choose a boyfriend/girlfriend over a friend! Sorry, mistype.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:58 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• That sucks for you and your friend that you choose this guy over her. But just because you made that choice does not mean you can expect the same from him. Yeah,t he guy sounds like a jerk ... but he's your bf's friend ... says a lot about your bf too.
    My husband would not be friends with someone who talked bad about me behind my back. He would defend me and tell the guy to mind his own business. You can't make you bf do that, he has to GROW UP on his own.
    unsuspected

Answer by unsuspected at 5:17 PM on Jun. 27, 2010