How many of you have put your kids in swimming lessons?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:56 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I did and my son who is 4 hates it.
    mum1

Answer by mum1 at 2:57 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• we did last summer and are halfway through this summer's session. he likes going, but hates participating. he'd rather play, and not listen to the instructor. also, he says, ''i don't want to get my eyebrows wet!!'' lol!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:59 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Ki took them a couple times. The college here in town offered them by the swim team in April and September. She took them both times last year and enjoyed it. She can hold her breath and isn't afraid to get her face and head wet anymore. But, still can't swim on her own. She can keep herself afloat for a few minutes though.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:59 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I've thought about it too. We don't spend much time near a pool, lake or ocean but I always thought it would be a good idea to learn how to swim.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 3:00 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I haven't yet and I really should, at least I need to get my 4 year old in something. A friend of mine told me the toddler and parent classes are pointless because you could so easily do it yourself. Just have your child put their face in the water, blow bubbles, kick, and move their hands like they're digging for treasure (to practice dog paddling). My kids won't go in the water though.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 3:00 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• The sooner the better. I have some 4 year olds that are in beginners and love it! But then they are with some of their friends and the teachers make it really fun! Some schools offer it as part of their PE if they have a pool in their school so that is a benefit also.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 3:00 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• We never have, our kids learned to swim by swimming in our pool.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 3:13 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• We started "teaching" our kids since they were infants. We have a pool so safety was our # 1 concern.
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 3:18 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Both of our children are attending ISR (Infant Swim Resource). They begin teaching children to swim at 6 months of age. Our son went last year and it was very successful, and we have re-enrolled him and we enrolled our 7 month old daughter. It is kind of pricey, but we have a pool in our backyard that isn't fenced in, and heaven forbid that one of them were to go out and fall in. ISR is really a great program and I suggest it to all moms. They teach kids all the way up to 6 years of age.

http://www.infantswim.com/home.html

Make sure to watch the videos on the site!
    tippymorgan08

Answer by tippymorgan08 at 5:24 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• My 3 and 4 year old are starting lessons next week. Crossing my fingers that all goes well!
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 5:35 PM on Jun. 27, 2010