Brothers & Sisters

How many brothers & sisters do you have? Wish for more? Less? Did your sibling count affect how many kids you have/want?

Nyx7

Asked by Nyx7 at 3:03 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• 2 brothers and one sister. I only grew up with one of the brothers though. It did affect the number of kids that I wanted/want. I didn't want an only child because I knew the love and fun of a sibling.... I didn't want only two kids, either... it just wasn't for us. I can't explain it, really, it just wasn't right for our family.

We have 3 kids now and I love it. I would be very happy and fulfilled if we weren't blessed with anymore kids. But, I would like one more if that is what we are blessed with. One more is my desire. 4 just seems to be the right number for us, you know?
    LoveMyBlessings

Answer by LoveMyBlessings at 6:52 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• i have a year younger brother.. lemme tell you.. I HATE HIM.
    i want another sibling for my son.. but i'ld rather wait years lmfao.. my mother didnt take her birth control pills for like a day or 2 and they wored condoms.. whoops! pregnant! i was born feb 15 and my brother was born april 22 lol.
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 3:11 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I have 2 Sisters and 2 Brothers - I currently have 2 daughters and 2 sons and we are praying for more!
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 3:04 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• i'm youngest of 4. i think 4 is a great number and would love to have that many.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 3:04 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I had a sister when I was young but it's kinda complicated. I was an only child by age 6. I always wanted and older brother.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:04 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I had no siblings until I was 7, then both of my parents remarried and I gained a step brother, who was a lot older and lived with his dad so I almost never saw him, a step sister who was close to my age but I only spent summers and Christmas with, and a half brother who lived with me all the time. I always wished for a sibling who shared both parents and I always wanted a large family. I now have 3 of my own and would like at least 1 more. I'm giving my kids what I never had.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 3:06 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• My mother and father divorced when I was a toddler. Together they had 3 children....myself and two other girls. They both went on to re-marry and each had another child. Both had a son. So, I have 2 full sisters, and 2 half brothers. I am thankful for them all as they each bring something special into my life. The number of siblings I have in relation to how many children I have really had no bearing. I knew from a young age that I wanted a large family. I wanted my children to grow up with siblings so that they always knew that no matter where they were at in the world they would always have someone to count on. I am grateful that I not only have a large "extended" family, but I have been blessed with 7 sons, and most recently a beautiful daughter. Who know....maybe I might have more, but for now, I am focusing on raising the many I have been blessed with :)
    kiddosX8

Answer by kiddosX8 at 3:11 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• 7 brothers, 1 sister. I never wanted kids. I have 3 and wouldn't change a thing!
    Maggiemae4

Answer by Maggiemae4 at 3:13 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• one sibling, brother, younger...was happy with what I had for a sibling. My parents let us have friends of ours move in or family of ours so there was almost always someone else living here as well from the time we were 8 and on up.

as for how it's affected how many kids on i want/have.. well I guess so, because I have a girl and I'm hoping this one is a boy and then I don't really want anymore.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:13 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Let's see, total I have 2 sisters and 7 brothers. None are full, though I claim my younger sister as fully my sister. 5 of the brothers are step, one is adopted, and one is half. The other sister is half.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 3:16 PM on Jun. 27, 2010