Carnival Games?

I am starting early thing about birthday party idea's for my girls... I am thinking a carnival theme would be fun (and I already have a popcorn and a cotton candy maker!) I can do hot dogs too... so what would be some fun, easy and CHEAP carnival games? Ideas on "prizes" too please? Above all please only inexpensive ideas! (kids can be soooo entertained for little to no money (we did a cardboard castle (made of boxes we got from appliance store) last birthday and they went crazy!!!!) All kids will be 7 and under...

hotrodmomma

Asked by hotrodmomma at 3:26 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Duck pond - if they find the duck with a number or symbol they win a prize - small bubbles, beaded necklace - small things you can find cheap....

Ring Toss....
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 3:28 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• bean bag toss
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 3:29 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• the balloon and dart games...pop a balloon or two and win a prize
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 3:38 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• If you have a dollar tree you can get a ton of little prizes like dolls, teddy bears, trucks (if there will be boys), books and stuff like that for a dollar each.
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 3:37 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Save up some cans of the same size (stick to the ones with pull top lids that don't leave sharp edges). Stack them up in a pyramid they can knock over with a baseball. If you live somewhere you can set something up outside (and are brave), you can set up your own version of the water cannon races. Save clear plastic bottles w/o the label, all the same size. Burn a hole on one side near the top, then draw a line near the bottom of the bottle, thick enough to see from a distance. Pick up a cheap pack of squirt guns (or if you're really brave, call around and borrow some super soakers). Glue the bottles to a large flat board or piece of cardboard so they won't tip, and see who hits the line fastest.

And for prizes, TRU always has those packs of a dozen mini-cans of playdoh cheap.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:43 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• this sounds awesome!! I think I will steal your idea for my son's bday... A few ideas- a ring toss, softballs into a basket, balloon popping with darts, face painting....
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 4:01 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Steal away! we all need to save money and entertain kids! :) I have done the face painting b4 and the kids do love that (so i still have all my face painting stuff-so i will do that) I love the ideas! I am adding to my list: bean bag toss, ring toss, and can knocking over. I LOVE the duck pond!!!!! I should have thought of that ! I will 4 sure be using that!!!! I like the dart/ balloon one (but I think I will wait till they are older (we will be having 2 &3 year olds there too so i dont want any injuries...) keep the creative thoughts going mammas!!!!
    hotrodmomma

Comment by hotrodmomma (original poster) at 4:25 PM on Jun. 27, 2010