which religion/denomination best meets my needs?

I believe in Saints and Mary as the Mother of God but not in confession to a priest. I believe that it's your relationship with the holy trinity that gets you to heaven not a special prayer or ceremony. I believe in the devil, Heaven and Hell. I believe all prayers are answers just not always the way you want. I believe God loves and protects me. I believe that going to church is healthy for your faith but not necessary. I believe in the bible. I believe in the rapture to come. I believe the Nicene creed. I know I lean Catholic but it's not quite right either...What am I?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:31 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• You might check into the Episcopal church. Or go to http://www.beliefnet.com/Entertainment/Quizzes/BeliefOMatic.aspx to take the their test and see how you come out.
    emilex

Answer by emilex at 3:36 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Take the quiz emilex mentioned.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:49 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I don't know if any belief system or religion can meet all your beliefs, you have to allow room for your own individual beliefs.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 3:50 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• It sounds like you are Catholic. My parents are Catholic, even Eucharistic Ministers, and haven't been to confession in 30+ years.  Bad examples.  =(   I don't think anyone enjoys going to confession, and DH & I force ourselves to go yearly because we know it is good for our soul and strengthens our relationship with God.

Have you researched the evidence for the Sacrament of Reconciliation and the source?  Have you listened to Who Needs Confession? by Marcellino D'Ambrosio?  Do you have a way to cleanse your soul of sins, and a way to reconcile your relationship with God, that is more efficient than that prescribed by Jesus?

flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 4:06 PM on Jun. 27, 2010