If a complete stranger with children in tow knocked on your door...

and asked if you had any food to spare, would you: 1) slam the door and call the police; 2) politely give an excuse for not wanting to help; 3) run to your kitchen and fill up a bag?

Asked by Msaural at 1:02 AM on Jun. 28, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would give because of the children,I have a belief that if you do what you feel is right in your heart Than what they do with it they are accountable for it. I have taught this to my children if you give money give because you can and and if they spend it on beer or drugs thats them, you gave for the right reason and that it was from your heart. you can't become cold hearted because of something some one else said or did some people are true and do need the help just let your heart tell you what to do.

Answer by liz2195 at 12:40 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• I would run to the kitchen and fill up my bag. I hate to see children hungry that really gets to me.

Answer by mommy-in-pink at 1:04 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• i would run to the kitchen and give all i can without starving my family.

Answer by mommylee21 at 1:12 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Fill the bag, watch them, then call the police. They could be lying or kidnapped kids. PEople do fucked up things sometimes.

Answer by sapient at 1:27 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I would go to the kitchen and give them what I could. right now i'm very broke and don't have much to eat. But even then I would give them whatever I had. Jahova Jirah Hes my provider.

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I saw a women in the grocery store parking lot begging for money with a sign and small infant in her arms. Two days latter I saw a different women with the same sign and baby doing the same thing. It was a huge scam!

I don't know what the right thing to do is, but I guess if all they want is food....I would give it to them!

Answer by sondrajoy at 2:02 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I don't have a problem giving food. I do to people on the side of the road. I won't give money though, because I have seen it go to alcohol and things that they don't need.

I probably wouldn't let them in though, for fear of my daughter. I would give them food, and even cook for them and sit on the porch or something. I couldn't see kids go hungry!

I might call the police too, and just ask if they fit the description of missing persons, etc.

Answer by celticreverie at 2:26 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I would go in to my kitchen and clean out my cabinets and give them what I knew we didn't need or what I knew I could easily replace.

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 3:10 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Give them what I could, the call the authorities.

Answer by bearfaye at 4:46 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• id give them food then help them find reasonable accomodations somewhere. if it was a scam, they wouldn't want me to call anyone official.

Answer by anniekelleher at 6:10 AM on Jun. 28, 2008