Other than your parents, who was the most influential person in your life?

How did this person positively influence your life path? Do you still keep in contact with them? Have you been able to "pay it forward" and mentor or influence someone else?

LoriKeet

Asked by LoriKeet at 3:35 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My ex-husband... he taught me to stand up for myself and not let yourself get walked all over... and to never just settle for something in life because life is too short... funny how things work out isn't it?
    SandraLee242

Answer by SandraLee242 at 3:37 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• My English teacher. He really cared about everyone and took the time to let you know you were worth something no matter who you were. He was somewhat strict and pushed us to be the best we could be. Lots of positive reinforcement. I never stayed in touch with him but think of him when the chips are down. I try and be a positive influence in all of the little people's lives I have been involved in over the years. You never know when they need that extra something.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 3:37 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• This is probably a generic answer, but my kids! I see everyday how much they look up to me for guidance, love, and direction, and in turn, it drives me to be not only a better mother, but a better person altogether. I know that they will try to mimic things that I do, so I strive to show them how to be a good, loving, honest person.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 3:38 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• My 8 year old. Strange I know. I had him at 18 with the WRONG person. He made me grow up and act like I should, I had to care for him on my own with limited help from my mother, not complaining. He got me back in school and then into college. For the first year of his life everything he had was from me, I was actually proud of myself for being someone he could depend on. I honestly don't believe I would be where I am now, if it weren't for my son. I met hubby right before he turned 2 and we got married shortly after and hubby adopted him at 3. I do keep in contact with his "stepmom" but, his father doesn't call or email.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 3:41 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• my brother and my husband. they have taught me alot. but also my oldest, because i completely turned my life around for her.
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 3:45 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Honestly - it was/is my oldest daughter. She is 13 now and is still teaching me. She made me grow up fast (i became pregnant with her when I was 20). I was single and that was my first time having sex!!! I have learned to do more for others than for myself. I have learned to really truly appreciate the small things in life because of her. We were broke, alone yet laughed every day, loved every moment and we are closer than most mother/daughters are because of the tough times we went through together.
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 3:37 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Hahaha NOT MY PARENTS! But right now I would have to say my sons mental health counselor SHE is awesome, she comes to the house everyweek and she just has a way that you know she really cares. She is just not "doing her job". And she even has made me start to "find" myself again now that my boys are older and keeps tabs on me and for me I need that.
    butterflymeme

Answer by butterflymeme at 3:52 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• My hubby
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 4:15 PM on Jun. 27, 2010