Do you say the Pledge of Allegiance every day?

I don't wake up every day and say it - I only remember having to do so in school. Is it really that important to people that we still continue to debate about the words therein? If you want to say it every day then either include 'under God' if you want it in there, or omit 'under God' if you want it out.

banana-bear

Asked by banana-bear at 3:36 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• nope
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 4:15 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I haven't said it since I was in school. i think it should be left as it is.
    youngmm

Answer by youngmm at 3:38 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I havent said it since I was in school. I agree it should just be left alone. But some people are not happy unless they are bitching about something dumb like that.
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 3:40 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I only say it in the morning when I am at work. I teach.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 3:42 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Of course not, but my children are saying it everyday in school. The issue with it is theoretical. You don't have to say or see something every day for it to bother you. Racism and sexism bother me and I don't see those everyday or read items that have those issues in them every day. Although I don't really feel that strongly about the Pledge of Allegiance, I can certainly understand why some people would. I mean, if it said things you didn't believe in, would you want your kids repeating it every day?
    emilex

Answer by emilex at 3:52 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Emilex, but why not tell your kids that they don't have to say it? I remember kids not saying it when I was in school. Heck, even some kids stayed in their seats and didn't stand. I guess it's just that I don't see either side of the debate on this one. I'm Christian and it's no skin off my back to not say 'under God' or anything. It's not like the Pledge is something from the Bible being defamed or anything. Same way that I don't see why it bothers others to hear 'under God' said in it. I just don't see the big deal....

banana-bear

Comment by banana-bear (original poster) at 3:56 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I don't remember the last time I said it, lol
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 4:03 PM on Jun. 27, 2010