My pain from my contractions is more in my back then in my belly false labor????

kaydee8

Asked by kaydee8 at 3:38 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Not necessarily. My 3rd child was "sunny side up" which caused a lot of back pain. It just depends on where you baby is at the time, labor can cause terrible pains in your back called "back labor"
    emilex

Answer by emilex at 3:40 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• No! You could be having back labor. Thats where I had mine. If you think its real and is coming at a regular pace, get ready! Depending on your and your pregnancy history, you may want to get it checked.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 3:40 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I think there are a lot of things that contribute to labor, so if you feel you might be, it's best to call your doctor. Aside from that, all my labors were back labors. I don't know any different, lol.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 3:40 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Not necessarily false labor, could be back labor. I had that with my oldest....it was horrible. You should be checked out regardless.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 3:40 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I agree with the above poster. Check with your doctor. But all 3 of my labors were back labors (and all 3 were also perfectly normal births). Some women have more back labor than others, doesn't mean anything is wrong, that may just be you.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 3:43 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I agree with the others, it could be back labor. I guess my pelvis is funny, (explained to me from a L&D nurse) that my babies could only fit sunny side up, so I always had back labor. I have no idea what it is to have normal labor.

momofthree109

Answer by momofthree109 at 3:53 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• If the contractions are getting longer, stronger, and closer together, and are evenly intermittent then your labor is not false and you are probably having back labor. A lot of times back labor is caused by the direction the baby is facing (front and back not like a breach birth).

Back labor is tough but it's manage able. Try a hot shower with the water aimed at your back. That helped me A LOT!!!

Good luck!!!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 4:31 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• no my sis had horrible back pain all thru labor
    dairyberrys

Answer by dairyberrys at 4:35 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• i birthed my back labor, sunny side up baby while standing/ squatting. there was a lot less pressure on my back that way. i couldn't lay down at all!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:38 PM on Jun. 27, 2010