Bathroom renovation... help??

We had a contractor come in and replace the floor and we discovered a wall behind the sink needed to be replaced. So he did. He taped and mudded it but didn't do the best job. I am currently putting spackle over what needs to be touched up. My question is this, I am painting Kilz over the sheet rock, then putting on textured paintable wallpaper. Do I need to put another layer of Kilz over the wallpaper and then paint it a color or just paint it a color?

Lifes-A-Dance

Asked by Lifes-A-Dance at 3:43 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Have you already purchased the wallpaper? If so, I recommend if possible returning it--the humidity and water splashes in a bath room can cause wallpaper to lift and peel. OF course you CAN wallpaper, but you need to do a really good job at it, and you may need to add wallpaper seam paste along each free edge.

Since I wanted texture, and didn't want a plain painted wall, I did two things. I did a faux painting technique on the upper 2/3 of the walls using a slate blue mixed with glaze to give a "watercolor" effect, then on the lower 1/3, I installed white, pre-painted, beadboard Wainscotting--the kit included 8 linear feet of beadboard and the floor moulding and chair rail at Home Depot for $45! I only needed two kits--as there wasn't much wall space, and it's held up beautifully for the past 8 years and it's so much easier to clean than wallpaper! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:09 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Probably not. If its paintable wallpaper (and textured at that) you should be okay to just paint right on it. I bet the wallpaper is primed already.. making it paintable. Just a guess, though.
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 3:48 PM on Jun. 27, 2010