slip n slide

How did you teach your kids to play on a slip n slide. My kids got one today and i tried teaching them but they liked me pushing their feet while they layed down better.

Decker

Asked by Decker at 3:51 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Just let them play around with it - they will figure it out :o) Make sure to pick it up when you are done though or it will kill your grass!!
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 3:52 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Teach them the same way all the kids I grew up with learned - let them watch the commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL2hYF2a2aY

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:59 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I'm not sure, but I'd like to know. I wanted to get the $5 Toy Story one at Walmart, but my kids are almost 4 and 20 months. I don't think they would get it.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 3:53 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Just run and dive onto it like you're sliding into home for baseball. I don't know besides showing them.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:53 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• My daughter doesn't have one, we don't have outside water hookup, but I had one as a kid. My dad threw himself down it to show us how to do it then we just did it.
    My brother was a little afraid to throw himself down on the ground, but after seeing how much fun my dad and I had, he just did it.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:53 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Banana-bear: My kids are 3 and 2 they loved playing in it. They also got the 5 dollar one.
    Decker

Comment by Decker (original poster) at 3:54 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Show them yourself. First year we used one (son was 2) i would have to make him lay down, drag is arms and let him go. He loved it, and i got a workout. Now he gets it.. super cute.
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 3:55 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Thanks OP, I'm thinking of getting it next time I'm in there. It's my oldest's birthday next month, so I'll likely get it for her.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 3:59 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I had so much fun on the one I had when I was a kid and then one day i wet running down and went down on it and i broke 3 ribs. I was done with the slip-n-sliding days. My mom got me a pool instend and we throw it away went we got back home.
    I am not trying to scare anyone I just thought i would share with all you ladies(mommas) what happened to this momma.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:10 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Keeping bumped cuz I have never had one and my kids have yet to have one either.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:18 PM on Jun. 27, 2010