When should I go to the Doctor?

My husband and I are TTC, and I am now officially a week late, and I got another negative. I "feel" pregnant for sure, but want to get a positive... We've been discussing how long we should wait to go to the doctor, but we can't decide. I was thinking maybe wait another week? Just wondering what you ladies were thinking... Thanks. :)

srbeusk

Asked by srbeusk at 3:54 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I would say try to wait one more week and take another test!! For some women their hormones just dont rise as rapidly so you may not get an accurate answer right away. After being 7 days late you should definitely get an accurate answer from a HPT. However if you really dont want to wait that lon you can always go in for a blood test! GL and I hope you get your BFP!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 3:56 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• When I got pregnant with my second my doctor wanted me to be 2 weeks late.
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 3:56 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Okay, I'm sure I can wait another week. :D LOL... Thanks ladies... Thankfully, 2 weeks late isn't that long of a wait. :D
    srbeusk

Comment by srbeusk (original poster) at 3:59 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• My doctor always wanted a posative HPT before coming in.
    AndreaWright

Answer by AndreaWright at 4:05 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• you should go for a preconception visit if you're not pregnant so they can check your levels and give you a time line. then if you need help they know where you're at on your time line.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 4:15 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I used clear blue kit early in my pregnacy and both test came back PREGNANT. Being 40 it was a shocker! Give it a try.
    MomaV

Answer by MomaV at 4:25 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• There are many cases where a woman can be pregnant and the hcg not be strong enough in her urine to get a positive pregnancy test, and on the other hand; there are ladies whom have imbalances with their hormones often causing late irregular periods, lack of ovulation and other physical problems. If you are usually very on time then wait a few days and retest, if negative then get a blood test to know for sure. I hope this helped! I HOPE YOU GET YOUR BFP SOON DEAR!
    Mommyof3yippey

Answer by Mommyof3yippey at 10:09 PM on Jun. 27, 2010