What currently living politician has been the most influencial in your life?

And why?

mancosmomma

Asked by mancosmomma at 4:20 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Nancy Pelosi - I model my life to be everything she's not. If I have a difficult choice to make, I ask myself, WWND? And then I do the exact opposite.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:26 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I have to say Obama. Your question didn't say if the influence had to be positive or negative. I will go with the negative. He is without a doubt the most inept president in my lifetime. His policies, the money he's spent and the legislation he has signed will have negative effects for decades to come.

I thought long and hard about a politician with a positve influence..I just couldn't think of anyone I held that high that is still living!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 4:26 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Charlie Dent... or his office... when DH got fired at the beginning of the recession and unemployment was denying his claim... his office personally stepped in and took care of it.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:22 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Hillary Clinton. She is so easy to critisize, but only because she is so incredibly active! If she just sat on her behind like most, there wouldn't be much to say about her.

She is a warrior. It is so admirable to be a woman in a man's political circle and holding her own the way she does. Many women, and even men could not handle such scrutiny... and to still remain strong, forceful, and relentless with your own views. Hats off, Mrs. Clinton!

I am a liberal, and Hillary Clinton makes me proud to be.
    pnkrcklvr

Answer by pnkrcklvr at 4:33 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• yourspecialkid,

I agree 100%.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 4:33 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• ditto, yourspecialchild
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:56 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Presidential role model--George Bush, Senior! I became heavily influenced and very interested in politics once I met him! (I was a babysitter and then Nanny for a total of 8 years for 3 of his sister Nancy Bush Ellis' grandchildren!) I attended several family functions at his vacation home in Kennebunkport, ME as one of the Nannies in tow for all of the children of aunts, uncles, cousins, and other grandchildren (every family had a Nanny with them). There's nothing like being 18-22 and having those yummy Secret Service guys patting you down and hanging out with you all day!! LOL :o) I met "Dubya" too. All VERY nice people---nothing pretentious about them!

Local political role model--Pennsylvania House Speaker Dennis O'Brien for his commitment in supporting and voting in favor of Act 62--which requires private insurance companies to pay up to $36,000 per child per year for autism treatments and related services.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:10 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

***

WWND!!! 

rolling on floor

NP--you owe me a new keyboard!!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:11 PM on Jun. 27, 2010