willy wonka old or new?

who prefers the older version of charlie and the chocolate factory to the new one with johnny depp?

san78

Asked by san78 at 4:36 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• That's tough. I can watch the new version all the way through. The first half of the old version (up until they get to the factory) kind of bores me. But, I definitely prefer the Chocolate factory in the old version, and also the songs. And as much as I love Johnny Depp, Gene Wilder is and always will be the best Willy Wonka. (sorry, Johnny, lol)
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 11:09 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• definitely old. The new one was mega creepy!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:36 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• They both give me a creep child molester vibe, not sure why. Maybe it's that whole give the kids candy and invite them into the house thing.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 4:38 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• classic one!! Nothing beats it.
    connorsmom1970

Answer by connorsmom1970 at 4:37 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Oh, not me. I loved the new version. Now, if it had anyone besides Johnny Depp in it, I would probably like the older better. But, I do love anything with Johnny Depp in it. :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:37 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I like them both. I am a huge Roald Dahl fan. The original was great, but the newer one is closer to the actual book and I think captured the author's intent better.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 4:42 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• They both give me the feeling that Willie Wonka really hates children, not so much a child molester feeling. When I first saw the Johnny Depp version, I really liked it and thought the acting was better overall but I don't think it will have the staying power of the original. I really disliked the way it delved into Willie Wonka's past. The songs in the original are catchier and the Oompa Loompas more likeable. (With apologies to Danny Elfman who I normally adore).
    FrogSalad

Answer by FrogSalad at 4:56 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• old version
    that's just childhood nostalgia though
    the new one is a lot closer to the book
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 4:37 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• "They both give me a creep child molester vibe, not sure why. Maybe it's that whole give the kids candy and invite them into the house thing. "
    --

willie wonka Pictures, Images and Photos
    Agree! But if I had to chose... the classic one...
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:43 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Old. In the spirit of full disclosure, I've never made it through all of the new one. I see the "new and improved" oopma loompas and turn it off in disgust.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:47 PM on Jun. 27, 2010