what do you consider a single mom to be?

Do you consider single moms to be any mom who is at the time single?

Are divorced moms who's ex's are still very involved in their childrens lives, and who get child support, still single moms?

Or is a woman with a child who is dating someone who is not the childs father, a single mom?

Just something I've been thinking about lately, and curious to see different views!

Thanks ladies for answering, let's keep this nice please!! :)
(I'm putting this is the relationship section because it deals with the relationship of single moms!)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:59 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• a mom without a father figure in their childs life
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:00 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• In my opinion, a single mom is any mom who is not in a committed relationship with another adult (regardless of orientation)
    StellarJKD

Answer by StellarJKD at 5:01 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• A mom who is not in a relationship.

Single Mom (Single is simply a marital status)
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 5:02 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I see a single mom as a woman who is not in a committed relationship while having at least joint custody of the kids.
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 5:02 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I guess I would consider a single mom someone who isn't married or in a serious relationship- everything is situational though.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 5:03 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• a woman who has children who is not married. I didn't even know there could be another defintion. lol.
    Tes...Jacksmami

Answer by Tes...Jacksmami at 5:04 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• A single mom is mom who has to be both parents even if the father is there and he takes no part in the raising of the child or children.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:04 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Single mom is one who is not married.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 5:04 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I define a single mom as a mother raising her child/children without the father in the household nor a stepfather. I don't care how involved the father is, she is still raising the children on her own without the father's constant support daily.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 5:09 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I guess I generally consider a single mom to be an unmarried woman who takes the majority of responsibility for the kids. Such as if the kid(s) don't have their father in their life or if he only has them a small percentage of the time.
    MamaRae85

Answer by MamaRae85 at 5:09 PM on Jun. 27, 2010