Do you think it's a good idea for a woman to file for divorce because the women on Cafemom told her to?

It just seems like most of the time people don't have the whole story...

MamaRae85

Asked by MamaRae85 at 5:19 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• If someone files for divorce because women on CM told her to...she probably isn't mature enough to be married in the first place. Gathering advice or other points of view to help in your decision making is an entirely different story.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:24 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• sure, why else would you file for divorce!?!?

But seriously, I have to laugh at some of the questions people ask on here, sure you can get ideas and advice but it's up to you to make the final desicion- you can only take cafemom so seriously.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 5:22 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• hopefully she would take it as advice and not as a regulation to live by. obviously someone would have to want to file for divorce in the first place. that's an awful big step to take for just listening to someone else. even churches can't get people off of drugs just by telling them to.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 5:24 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I think if the mom files for divorce after it was suggested by friends online, then she was already headed in that direction! And her friedns advice only boosted her resolve.
    MillyPontipee

Answer by MillyPontipee at 5:25 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• i often find a number of moms advising to save the marriage. i know a lot of women advise otherwise, but it seems to me a woman knows what is in her heart, and i would hope that she is asking here for a little support for what she knows she has to do. (divorce or work hard to save it)
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:29 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Well, of course not. I would hope that someone wouldn't do that on the recommendation of online friends.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 5:21 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Wow, I was just in a post like this last week.
    It did seem like she made up her mind just based on the opinions she was getting from the post. But at the same time ... sometimes victims of emotional abuse need suppport, to be reminded that thay don't deserve to be treated badly.
    I don't think it would a good idea to file for divorce just because a certain person, or a bunch of people told you to. Divorce is a major choice and it should only be considered in very extreme situations and with lots of prayer and counsel.
    unsuspected

Answer by unsuspected at 5:25 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I always give the counseling advice but in the end it is up to her and only her.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:26 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• No, that would be silly.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 5:30 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Ha, it's the only reason I'd file! (a joke)
    I think they wanted to file and just used the advice they got on here to help them feel better about their choice. They would have done it either way.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 5:25 PM on Jun. 27, 2010