what is distilled water?

is there bottled water that is distilled?

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 5:23 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Food & Drink

• It's water that has been purified through distillation. They boil it and collect the steam. It doesn't have the extra minerals and things that regular purified water contains. Yes, you can buy it by the gallon.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:25 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I actually have a home distiller. You fill it with water, and the water is heated so that it condenses into another container, removing all impurities. You should see the gunk that comes out of regular old tap water!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:28 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Yes. I have to drink it bc my body manufactures kidney stone. I worry it will screw up my electrolytes but the doc says drink it. I have only seen it in gallon size but it's normally every where you see regular bottled water by the gallon.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:33 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• distilled water is water that the impurities have been removed like heavy metals, by steam method and they collect the steam and keep it as water and the remaining calcium, copper, lead, and sediment is collected someplace and don't know what they do with that.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 5:26 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Yes you can get bottled water that is distilled. although i think all that means is the watter was left out in the air. i believe the you can get jugs of distilled water
    MyIslandGirls

Answer by MyIslandGirls at 5:26 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Exactly as the first poster said. Equiptment like irons and steamers suggest distilled water because it greatly reduces the minerals that eventually clog up the inside. I''ve never seen it ijn anything smaller than a gallon
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:27 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Distilled water is sold most places, but I find it the least available. I see much more reverse osmosis water available, it's done by a less involved process.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 5:27 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• it's water that has been steamed to filter.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:42 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• yes it is better for you, and typically what most facial rooms use. (distilled water, because it's better for your skin, less chemicals and minerals to effect the facial procedure).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:44 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• thanks so much!
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 3:58 PM on Jun. 29, 2010