followers on cm?

i think cm should add a follower button that would allow people to read the answers and questions posted by a certain person. someone said they have people they enjoy reading on here. i think this might work to encourage more answers as well. what do you think?

angevil53

Asked by angevil53 at 5:33 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I like it in theory but I can see it being abused. Once people get anon back, how easy would it be to just follow the people they don't like and go around leaving passive aggressive comments on all their answers? (as in, behaving exactly like they did before when they stayed just on the safe side of being reported). There's a question going today that's already demonstrated downvoting isn't really all that effective. The same answer was downvoted to a -4 twice today, and both times people who agreed with the sentiment, even though it was rude and had nothing to do with the question, voted it back up.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:45 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• you can add them as a friend and just read their transcripts, does the same..

plus prevents others you don't want as stalkers.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:50 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• You can follow your friends by adding the Recent Activity widget. I, personally, do not care for that at all but it is what it is.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 6:43 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I agree with the above poster. Though if CM makes followers I think it should have to be approved by whoever you want to follow, like a friend request.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 6:07 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Seems like it would be a little easier than my method of just clicking their name and reading their responses to questions.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 5:35 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• YES! that is a GREAT idea.... Bump it up ladies...
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:36 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• IDK...I stopped using Twitter for that reason. Lots of people I don't even know following me...it started to feel a little too stalker-ish for my taste.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 5:42 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Nice point NotPanicking... I didn't think about that side of it.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:48 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I don't understand why you want this...

Answer by rkoloms at 9:43 PM on Jun. 27, 2010