what can you do????

ok..im just wondering if any other step partent goes thru this....See my bf of 4 yrs has twin boys that are 6yrs old. They live with their mom during the week and we have them sat sun and mon...We have been having alot of problems with them telling us things their mom says...she tells them things to tell us...like stuff about wanting money..or about some piece of clothes that might be at our house..or that they dont have to do sumthing that we said if they dont want to...or shell tell them things that should stay between her and my bf...i dont know what to do. She puts them in the middle of everything..it makes me so angry i just wanna snap on her..she is an adult she needs to act like one..and they are kids and they dont need to know things...what can i do????????????

tber22

Asked by tber22 at 6:05 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in About CafeMom

• it is best if you do and say nothing. honestly. let your bf deal with it. it is his responsibility.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:14 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• yea but he does she just says i havent said anything to them...blah blah blah...i hate what she puts them through...because they are 6 and dont come up with this stuff on their own...because its stuff that grown ups worry about.
    tber22

Comment by tber22 (original poster) at 6:17 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I agree with,,, happy2bmom25,,, This is something your SO and his Ex should deal with.

Answer by louise2 at 6:17 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• ok...but let me ask you this...what if it was things that involved you and she was having them say things like u dont have to listen to her...because she aint ur boss???
    tber22

Comment by tber22 (original poster) at 6:22 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• BEEN THERE!
    she has said
    and i qoute
    "you do not have to listen to her"
    "when she has her own baby, she will not love you anymore"
    "she is evil"
    and my all time favorite...........drum roll please...
    "she should not be signing your homework because she is not a legal parent"

IT IS SIGNING THAT THE CHILD HAS DONE THEIR HOMEWORK! for God's sake

i dealt by over doing it when i talked about her to the children... how nice their mother was, oldest knew right away that this was not true, but i acted like i knew she was not talking about me and acted like she was a nice person

of course kids were 6/7 and 10/11 at the time
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 6:26 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• OMG...fiatpax i know exactly what ur talking about....its so stupid...i dont know why they cant grow up and act like an adult and um i dont get that she will say things for the kids to say to me...but she cant say anything to me herself!!!!!!!!!!!!
    tber22

Comment by tber22 (original poster) at 6:29 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• let it go, you be the bigger person, I've been there too.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 6:42 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Get all of the parents to sit down with a couples or family counselor.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:22 PM on Jun. 27, 2010