Do your kids influance most or all of your decisions?

Like when you go shopping,what you buy and where you go/what you do?
I know mine have a ton of pull simply because of their behavior. I know I'm being controled by them but seriously,I want to go shopping w/o wining,fussing,fighting and nagging. How bout you?

momthruivf

Asked by momthruivf at 6:07 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I try not to let them but sometimes I have to choose my own battles. Now I will say though, that our kids do not run our household.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 6:09 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I usually let my son lead the way if we go on walks....and if he starts to get fed up of being dragged around then I give him sometime to do what he wants to do. Generally he influences all my decisions and I always factor in whats fair for him. If I have to drag him around then he should get to do what he wants to do as well.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 6:09 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• She influences most of them, but not because I don't want a scene or anything. I just figure out what's best for her and go with that. As far as going somewhere or doing something, she knows she is in trouble if she causes trouble.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 6:10 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I cant go shopping without my lil one fussing and whining for something everytime we go, so I just do my shopping around my mom's schedula...thankfully she can come over and watch him while i do my running if it wasnt for her I dont think I'd be going very many places cause my kids is a shopaholic already and if he doesnt get what he wants the world is over with lol.
    Ali84Shorty

Answer by Ali84Shorty at 6:12 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• When my DD's where kids, they did not control anything. I controlled them.

Answer by louise2 at 6:13 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• if i know the kids need a nap that day (my 3yr old takes them every now and then, but my almost 2yr old normally takes them every day, this summer sometimes i let her stay up all day if we go somewhere, like the park.), then i don't go anywhere during nap time. i try to get them to places where they can run around and play, a play area in the mall, or the park, play group, ect. somewhere with kids their age. they normally go with me everywhere, unless dh doesn't want to go and ops to stay home with the kids, or if dh and i have to go somewhere, like the doctors, on a date, ect. then the kids stay with a babysitter. at a store, if they act up, they know they're in trouble. nothing to it. i will not do a 'dr phil' and leave the store because my kids are acting bad. if it's bad enough i'll give them a pop on the butt and it ends there. as for money, if the kids NEED something, we get it instead of what we need. we can do without
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 6:21 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• My son is only 7 months so the only thing he influences is big life changes, like moving, me working, what time I go to school, etc...

He hasn't gotten to be unpleasant yet
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 6:26 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Kind of. But in an entirely different way then what you might mean.

My decisions are influenced by my children because i want the healthiest possible choice that i can make for them. so what i buy is influenced by them, but NOT by their behavior or their own child like wishes. I don't buy them a cookie just because i don't want to hear them whine. In fact, they know i won't buy them a cookie even if they do whine so they don't even bother whining. (although they do still ask! LOL)
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:31 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I have an idea for you op I have a 7 yr old little boy and since last year I started taking him grocery shopping w me and I find if you allow the child to help put things in the basket or get a produce bag or something it keeps the kids attention focused on what you need not what they want. He used to throw a big fit everytime until I started this little thing w him it's like a game for him. I also allow him to put stuff on the conveyor belt that he can lift and also put the bags into the basket I've actually taught him how to stack the bags so bread and grapes and eggs don't get squished. He loves it now never does he beg for toys or candy because I've redirected his attention this is very effective
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 7:37 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• that's great it works for you chica679! I tried that with my 3yr old, well, then he was 2 going on 3, and every now and then now, mainly because he walks holding the buggy, he doesn't sit in it. but the little booger has gotten smart. when mommy isn't looking, and he sees something he wants, he grabs it and puts it in the buggy. a couple months ago i was in walmart, checking out, he was helping me put them on the conveyor belt. we were done, the cashier was just getting done ringing things up, and he asked if something was mine...it was a snickers bar! i looked over just to find he had put about 10 snicker bars on the belt, and a pair of eyes looking my way behind it...slowly putting one on still...he saw me watching and ducked...lol he knew he was caught red handed!
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:54 PM on Jun. 27, 2010