What was the best wedding you have ever attended and what made this one stand out more than the others?

Yours does not count. Was it the food, cake, decor, place, people,etc?

michelle146

Asked by michelle146 at 6:19 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I've only been to two weddings - one when I was 5, I was the flower girl and my cousin's 3 years ago. I don't really remember much of my aunt and uncle's wedding when I was little and nothing really stood out at my cousin's wedding. It was fairly simple.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 6:24 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• My cousin's wedding. She had a destination wedding at a ski resort the week before it closed for the season. There was still plenty of great snow, but it was warm. I loved that she had gift baskets for all of the guests as they checked in, and since it was a 3 day event, everyone got to know each other well.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 6:25 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• My sister's wedding was pretty awesome. Besides the fact that she had a GORGEOUS ceremony and used a beautiful handfasting blessing as part of her vows, the reception after was pretty sweet. It was in this gorgeous venue--an old home transformed into a cafe/bar. It had leopard print carpet and deep red walls and you'd think that would be tacky looking, but it ended up just looking very retro and pretty much gorgeous. The DJ was also awesome and everyone danced. My sister and my BIL made sure to get people up and moving and it really made it more of a party than yet another wedding to snooze through.
    Cassidhes_Mom

Answer by Cassidhes_Mom at 6:27 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• An Italian wedding, the food was the best ever and so much of it, the music was great and the party was awesome they sure know how to do it! Oh ya and open bar to boot!
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 6:29 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• most weddings i have been to were just OK. I can't toot my horn though & explain how mine was the best, so i wont...LOL!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:30 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• The best wedding was for the daughter of a lovely woman I met in church. She raised her kids so well and they were all involved. Now, the most magnificent wedding was actually for a marriage I don't think lasted. I should go Google it. The ceremony in the church was short and then we went to a country club and I wish I had taken photos. It was a buffet but it was a huge buffet complete with fresh Gulf Shrimp (something we will not see for at least another decade) ice scuptures, people carving roast beast, live music, wedding cake and groom's cake. I wasn't too interested in eating because I was young and overwhelmed so I walked all over with my friends. They wanted to stay to get picked up but I had really had enough. I couldn't even imagine having enough money to blow on a spread like that.
    LauraMi261

Answer by LauraMi261 at 6:34 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I'd say the best was a Hindi wedding. It was so colorful and exotic. The bride was exquisite.

Answer by Bmat at 7:12 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I dislike all weddings. (I know I am abnormal).
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 5:43 AM on Jun. 28, 2010