Does anyone else have family gatherings for the 4th of July fireworks display?

The town I live in sets off the fireworks from the highest point in town - about half a mile up the hill from my house so ever since I was little my family always gathered at my mom's house and grandmother's house (they're next door to each other) and got a front row seat to the fireworks. Now it's become an event for more than my own family. My brother and cousin invite friends as well and now me and a couple cousins have little kids too so it's like a huge gathering of people now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:20 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We usually go to my mom's or my aunt's house in the country and set off our own. We have a lot of fun playing games and just hanging out.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 6:22 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• not really, i normally take the kids to see the fireworks, but thats about it.
    Trotterswife

Answer by Trotterswife at 6:24 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• We always have a family gathering. Some years with my family some years with dh family. In both families we all get lots of fireworks and light them off for hours.
    mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 6:59 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I always work. Time and a half :) DH takes the kids to see the fireworks. Our nearest family member (that we talk to) lives 900 miles a way.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 5:43 AM on Jun. 28, 2010