Do you know your credit score?

Do you know? Do you think your husband knows? Does it matter if you both know each other's?

I'm embarrassed that I have NO idea what mine is.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:48 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Money & Work

• Yes I keep up with out scores, because I have been doing some credit rebuilding
    tishmomof2

Answer by tishmomof2 at 8:55 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Are you freaking serious? NO, you don't get a free credit SCORE. You can get a free credit REPORT, but not score. You can pay extra for the score when you check your report (AnnualCreditReport.com) and it cost something like $7 to $9. You can often get your score "for free" when you sign up and pay for a credit monitoring program. But no, you don't get a free credit score.

Anyway, no I don't know what my score is. Last a checked ( a couple years ago) it was about 680ish. I know that it is falling though since I've stopped borrowing money and started paying cash for things. Thanks Dave Ramsey :)
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 7:22 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I WISH I had NO IDEA what it was!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:51 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Yes and thanks to Obama you now can find out FREE.
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 6:52 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Yes we both know ours. We didn't for a long time and then a couple years ago we made an agreement that we would start monitoring them. We went through some financial trouble years ago, but we have finally gotten our scores up now, so all is good!
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 6:52 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• It used to be high 700s. But we hit a really tough financial craphole, and I don't have any idea, nor any desire to know. i don't want a number to tell me how broke we are lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 6:50 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Yes, we are adament about knowing our credit score and keeping it as high as we can. Right now it ranges around 800 depending on whether it is TransUnion, Experian or Equifax.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 6:51 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I wouldn't be embarrassed either way. I know mine and my husbands because we are working towards buying a house next year. If you are interested then check out FreeAnnualReport.com. Or just go see a financial consultant. They can pull up all the information and help you decide how much house you can afford or where to start to clean you credit up so that you can start saving for one.
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 6:51 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• not sure exactly but I know it's really bad.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 6:52 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• wow 800! that is admirable!
    dh knows ours. he checks them twice a month. we had a service that was supposed to tell us if something was wrong. it turned out that when we went to the bank to buy a house, dh was dead!!! it took about 4-6 weeks for my husband to sort it all out...and he had to fight hard to get a refund from the credit watch service too!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:55 PM on Jun. 27, 2010