What is your favorite way to make chicken?

I love chicken but a variety would be nice. We usually either bake it (and use bread crumbs) which I love, or grill it. What else do YOU do with chicken?

firenicecream

Asked by firenicecream at 7:02 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Food & Drink

• We love my Gram's chicken casserole. I cube cooked chicken, chop an onion, and thaw a bag of frozen broccoli. I layer that in the bottom of a 13 x 9 in inch pan, and cover it with chicken-flavored stuffing mix. In a bowl, I mix a large can of cream of chicken soup with a full soup can of milk, then pour it over the whole thing and bake for about 30-45 minutes at 350. Once it's set, I add a sprinkling of shredded cheese on top and stick it back in the oven and turn it off. The last little bit of heat cooks the cheese, but doesn't burn it. :)
    yogapantz

Answer by yogapantz at 12:21 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I either bake it in the oven or grill it outside. Once in a blue moon I will fry it to satisfy my husband.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 7:05 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I try to keep is simple since I have horrible heartburn and DD doesn't like anything spicy. I usually just bake it in the over in a bit of butter but my favorite is to marinate it in honey BBQ and pineapple juice overnight and then grill it with the left-over pineapple on kabobs. YUMMY!
    NIKopotamous

Answer by NIKopotamous at 7:04 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I usually bake it and I will either just do bread crumbs, honey mustard, or bbq sauce over top of it.

Once in a while I will cut it into strips and dip it in bread crumbs and bake them as chicken strips.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:10 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• All of the above and Making chicken tacos or fajitas.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 7:14 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• This is my very favorite: Island Chicken w/ Pineapple Salsa

but that only works we we can cook out.  Rest of the year we bake it, shred it, mix it with a Mexican-flavor sauce and use it for tacos/burritos/chimis/etc.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:20 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Poach it in orange juice.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:14 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• We'll use it in a stir fry or tacos! Also I love cold grilled or baked chicken over a caesar salad
    CherBearCM

Answer by CherBearCM at 7:15 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I mix canned cranberries, onion soup mix, and a small bottle of catalina dressing and pour over chicken breasts and bake.

I also chop up grilled breasts and add to tortellini pasta and pesto sauce.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 7:34 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I also wanted to add my very favorite recipe, Lazy Chicken. I just added a link to the recipe instead of writing it all out. It is sooo freaking good, and my husband and kids tear it up.

KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 7:40 PM on Jun. 27, 2010