Ok I need advice...........

A couple years ago I offered to help out friends with childcare, 2 of the kids were in school and there was a 9mo old baby, never expected to get money but never expectede it would last for almost a year either, they would kick in about 100.00 every two weeks. I would have the kids 3-5 days a week and on school holidays or breaks sometimes I'd have all three. Well he got another job and things changed so things stopped.. Last week the dad asked me if I would watch them 5 days a week indefinatly and yes school is out. I was really caught off guard and said I would have to talk to m husband. This family knows we are having a rough time with finances and I figured I would do it I mean any money at this point at is good right??? My sister says I am a sucker and should have said I should ask for 200.00 a week well I didn't any I wrong or am I just a sucker ? what should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:17 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Money & Work

• Tell them you expect more because you ahve all three and especially since you babysit to bring in extra money for the home
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 7:27 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I would let them know that you expect at least 200 a week, if not more.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 7:19 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• i agree with the others. Discuss the new circumstances and how much you expected to be paid.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 7:25 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• You definately should not be taken advantage of, you need to be paid more. Say yes and you would like to negotiate a new pay.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:21 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• You are all so right and the big difference this time was I offered to help ot and they came too me this time. What do you think is a fair amout of money for 3 girls ages 7,8 and 2 1/2 yearold 4 days a week from 6:15 until 2 or 3pm
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 7:27 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• be up front with the parents and explain your situation. negotiate the payment.
    ymadaris2

Answer by ymadaris2 at 4:07 AM on Jun. 29, 2010