IF YOUR HUSBAND TOLD YOU HE CHEATED, WOULD YOU LEAVE OR STAY? AND WHY/WHY NOT?

VIRGA_KEMP

Asked by VIRGA_KEMP at 7:21 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• I'd kick his ass out. Once trust is lost, it never really can come back.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:23 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I would tell him to leave and that he will be hearing from my lawyer. No one should put up with that. If you are not happy in your relationship leave it before you have an affair. I've been through this before and took him back too many times and vowed I would never let it happen to me again. But until you are actually in the situation it is hard to say what one would really do.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:23 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I would leave. The trust would be broken. Not matter how hard we tried to work it out, I would not be able to trust him and without trust, there is nothing.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:23 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Been there....
    Well it really depends. Mine cheated but wanted the divorce and nothing would change his mind. If he was willing to work it out, I would have stayed with him. I loved him and we had a family. But it would have been hard-no doubt. If you do stay, there needs to be counseling and very specific rules to try and put the relationship back in place.
    connorsmom1970

Answer by connorsmom1970 at 7:25 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I stayed. I still loved my Husband and felt my marriage was worth fighting for. It was hard, it did hurt, but in the end I am glad I stayed. We talked, went to therapy, and he commited to changing(and so did I). He is a completly diffent Man today then he was back then, and I can honestly say I trust him 110% now. The myth.."once a cheater, always a cheater" is just that...a myth. People can and do change, and trust can be rebuilt. I guess it would just deoend on whether you are willing to work to move past it, and if he is willing to change.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 7:25 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I would leave, once a cheater, always a cheater.
    Tes...Jacksmami

Answer by Tes...Jacksmami at 7:29 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Pack his stuff and throw out the front door. Life is too short to spend it with someone who is a cheat.
    TwinkleC

Answer by TwinkleC at 7:29 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Depends on the situation. Long term affair - I'd kick his butt out. Fling - I'd probably forgive.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:36 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I would try to restrain my anger and then pray. I'd definately want to know more details to see if he loves her or not.
    balancingmother

Answer by balancingmother at 7:40 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Actually I don't think I would believe it at first.

I would probably act like we could work it out for the first day or two. After thinking on it and realizing that it actually happened, I think I would flip my lid. I would scream, yell, maybe even throw things lol. I would first try to kick him out, if that didn't work (he's very stubborn) I would leave with my daughter. I would avoid all contact for a while just to cool down (otherwise someone might get severely pummeled). I'm not sure after that....
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 7:45 PM on Jun. 27, 2010